shadow

Entitlements

Woolf
8 hours ago, oztony said:

So work a month and get paid for 2 , no wonder this country is going nowhere...

I wonder how you get to that conclusion ?

if you work 1 month, you get 1/12 of a months pay as the 13 month pay

• Like 1

oztony
3 hours ago, Woolf said:

I wonder how you get to that conclusion ?

if you work 1 month, you get 1/12 of a months pay as the 13 month pay

By reading Ian's post is how 

12 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

The Department of Labor and Employment (Dole) said that every rank-and-file employee in the private sector has the right to receive 13th month pay, provided they worked for at least one month in a year.

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/feature/2017/12/07/everything-you-need-know-about-13th-month-pay-510907
Follow us: @sunstaronline on Twitter | SunStar Philippines on Facebook

Oh , and also by reading the opening post in this topic 

12 hours ago, shadow said:

So, earlier this month I hired a kid (24) to do some basic yard work and cleaning. He was a pretty mediocre worker. He would show up around 10, instead of 9. Could often be found sitting down smoking a cigarette. Would take an hour and a half lunch, and two half hour breaks. I figured I would work him through the holidays, as I knew he had a small family and needed the money.

Today he showed up at his typical 9:45, this time with his "wife" in tow. 

It seems that she came to demand his 13th month pay. He has only actually worked 10 days, and done about 6 days worth of actual work during that time.

I sent them both packing. So much for them getting any "Christmas bonus", which I had intended to give them.

I expect to hear from the authorities next week.

Did you read the opening post ? Would you not agree to what it imply's ? Unfortunately Ian's footer did not work as a link ...but after searching it the calculation is now clear ,

but you would have to wonder if it is clear to some of the Filipino's.  

13th-month-pay-computation-L.jpg

• Like 2

SkyMan
11 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Can I ask where you found that information ?    Before I posted my question I looked at  both Philaw and Google and could not find that definition.

If the law actually says rank and file and you weren't able to find a definition for tank and file then my definition is as good as any.  And there is the chart Tony posted that someone has a salary to get 13th month pay.

• Like 1

Topper
14 hours ago, shadow said:

He's Canadian.

:lol:

PS_0920_EH_TEAM_t.jpg