• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Tango

Moving to Cebu to go to nursing school

RedRanger

1.) You will not be allowed to sit for the Nursing Licensure Test in Philippines, only citizens are allowed.

2.)  You will have to do a 4 year degree if educated outside the USA in Philippines, You can go to a community college in USA and get a 2 year degree and sit for NCLEX

3.) Why in the world would someone 50 years old want to go to school in Philippines

Tango
17 hours ago, RedRanger said:

1.) You will not be allowed to sit for the Nursing Licensure Test in Philippines, only citizens are allowed.

2.)  You will have to do a 4 year degree if educated outside the USA in Philippines, You can go to a community college in USA and get a 2 year degree and sit for NCLEX

3.) Why in the world would someone 50 years old want to go to school in Philippines

1) obviously you read only the headline

2) perhaps thats all you could read

3) there are schools there that can help you

FORE ANYONE AND EVERYONE ELSE

I hope this thread is useful to someone somewhere in the future

I've moved on

Thanks to all those who provided useful and thoughtful information

• Like 3

Oz Jon

Thalcoozyo  said

"Despite what all you may hear, there is NO way that anything done in the Phils will qualify you for automatic US licensure. You WILL have to take the NCLEX if you want to work in the states. Some Phils college credits may transfer to the U.S. (such as chemistry or biology or math) but none of the Phils nursing education is recognized by U.S. colleges"

....... plus a lot more knowledgeable stuff.

....................................................................................................

Thanks for that - a very informative post.

So it seems that it would be much better to help a bright young Filipina(o) to study nursing overseas and get internationally accepted qualification and experience. (eg  in Aus, or NZ where I have family).

Maybe even encourage them to study Engineering or IT or even Accounting/Financial Management  (all marketable, in-demand professions) instead? - again overseas!

I've found from personal experience that a local Engineering Degree is well short of an Aus Engineering Degree. I suspect that's true of other Phil qualifications too.

Edited by Oz Jon
additions