Jump to content
thaidiver

Hooking up gas dryer? NG or LP?

Recommended Posts

thaidiver

Was in Tacloban last week looking at appliances, cam across a 52k pesos gas dryer, US made, can't remember the brand. Has anyone here installed a gas dryer in the Philippines? Do the run off natural gas or a propane tank. I assume the must be retrofitted for light propane as I don't think there is piped natural gas available here. Any advice or knowledge? Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barryrio

Pal of mine here in Dumaguete has a laundry business and has one. He uses those big, industrial kitchen size Gasul LPG gas canisters on his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony

I would check The specs on the unit which will state natural or propane ...the only diff should be the jet size for delivery of the gas...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
23 minutes ago, oztony said:

I would check The specs on the unit which will state natural or propane ...the only diff should be the jet size for delivery of the gas...

And you should be able to change the jets if they are the wrong ones.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
17 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

And you should be able to change the jets if they are the wrong ones.  

Correctimondo ....we come across it a lot with gas heating appliances ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
12 minutes ago, oztony said:

Correctimondo ....we come across it a lot with gas heating appliances ...

In Vancouver many gas bbqs  come set up for propane, but you can hook them up to your house natural gas if you change the jets .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bama

TD---was the dryer that you speak of in SM Appliance?

If so I looked at the same one a few weeks ago.I couldn't see coughing up a grand for a 6-700 $ dryer in the states.Hanging clothes outside works pretty well here most of the time.

Glenn Marketing had a regular electric dryer awhile back but the normal large 3 prong plug had been removed and replaced with a 2 prong plug like you might find on an electric fan.When I asked about this no one knew a thing !!!

A "stateside" type washer is what I'm looking for.We found one that we liked at Robinsons in Manila but they won't ship to T Town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thaidiver
22 hours ago, Bama said:

TD---was the dryer that you speak of in SM Appliance?

If so I looked at the same one a few weeks ago.I couldn't see coughing up a grand for a 6-700 $ dryer in the states.Hanging clothes outside works pretty well here most of the time.

Glenn Marketing had a regular electric dryer awhile back but the normal large 3 prong plug had been removed and replaced with a 2 prong plug like you might find on an electric fan.When I asked about this no one knew a thing !!!

A "stateside" type washer is what I'm looking for.We found one that we liked at Robinsons in Manila but they won't ship to T Town.

Yes, the dryer was at Sm Appliance, above the Saver's mart. I now recall it was a SpeedQueen dryer and was over 50k pesos. I'm building a house and just looking at the different options. Definitely don't need a dryer like this but I do want a USA made Whirlpool washer........They are around 42k pesos in Cebu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bama

Today in SM Alliance I noted 2 US style electric dryers and 1 electric washer all of them for over 50K PHP each.

Where in Cebu have you found a Whirlpool washer for 42K ? The one we want had a 15KG tub and was selling in Manila for 46K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thaidiver
20 minutes ago, Bama said:

Today in SM Alliance I noted 2 US style electric dryers and 1 electric washer all of them for over 50K PHP each.

Where in Cebu have you found a Whirlpool washer for 42K ? The one we want had a 15KG tub and was selling in Manila for 46K.

here you go..

http://www.exatech.com.ph/index.php/laundry/heavy-duty-washers/4gwtw4800-yq.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrSuave

As far as I know, there is no natural gas in the Visayas. We had a US dryer in Leyte. We were easily able to convert it to LPG. It worked good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDat

The washer and dryers sold here are equipped for this country as far as plugs go. I put a stove plug on my dryer like in US as mine also came with a fan plug.

BUT, does it matter as all normal outlets here are 220V?

If you buy a gas dryer here, it should come with proper gas adapter as the store sets up the units. They are nice to have when it is raining or the neighbor is burning trash. Where you live, put a cardboard box with a white paper in bottom outside, and after a few hours, see if paper is still white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert



  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Guidelines and use of We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..