• Commercial Banner Advertisers

rep1

long term, stable choices?

rep1
1 hour ago, Flakes said:

Zilver ,gold, land, real estate are real assets and stocks, shares are paper assets. Bit coins I don't know its what kind of asset exactly.

The kind that increases the number on account continuously.

Flakes
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

The kind that increases the number on account continuously.

Yes those i like most the profitable ones😃.

rfm010
5 hours ago, rep1 said:

Found them at local bank! How come IBB dropped sharply recently but XBI didn't?? :shocked: 

so what do you mean by you found them at a local bank?  the bank is providing you an opportunity to buy u.s. stocks?  interesting, wonder what they are charging for the opportunity?

ibb vs xbi:   depends on what you are referring to. 

if you are looking at the wrong charts you may see ibb falling from over 300 to just over 100.  this was due to a stock split:  a holder of a share of ibb, valued at say 300, would receive two extra shares.  so now the holder would have 3 shares, but the price would now be 100 per share.   so no change in total value. 

the proper charts will show prices adjusted for this split.  what they will show is a fall-off in price for both ibb and xbi, starting roughly at the start of october.  ibb fell more than xbi for reasons i won't explain now but if you are interested enough we can get into it later.   but a summary explanation is ibb is composed of larger, more established companies that are running into some special problems (for example, gilead (gild) has gotten rich selling a cure for hep-c.  problem is they cured too many people and have fewer customers now, so profits are down.  patent expiration has been a problem also).

in general biotech was hit hard in october because of politics, which has been a problem since mid 2015.  repeal of obamacare was a total mess and trump was bad-mouthing high drug prices.  these type of things make investors nervous about biotech.  another example of this was when hillary started bad-mouthing drug prices in mid 2016 when the epipen scandal broke.  but typically after the posturing things settle down and the obscene profits  life-saving research continues.  current political problem is tax reform.  i won't go into details now because wife just got home and seems to think there are better things for me to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks 1

rep1
2 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

so what do you mean by you found them at a local bank?  the bank is providing you an opportunity to buy u.s. stocks?  interesting, wonder what they are charging for the opportunity?

yes foreign equality funds and foreign ETFs are part of online bank services, same as foreign exchange. Though all traders here only advertise local ones and risky ones; the real profitable are at the last pages.

They charge 1% to 3%. Not sure if I can get better price yet, just trying first steps.

rep1

here again, thanks for the warning regarding crypto regulation.

Need to move more. Aside from DOW and biotech, what about the corporations selling indirect service - Google, Facebook and Amazon? (can't find uber) Their past records look okay, not like dotcom bubbles I hope. I'm expecting some of them to be ultra powerful conglomerates several decades from now.

Any hidden risks I should study about? I gave up on Chinese A50 already, too untrustable.

Edited by rep1

rep1
On 12/9/2017 at 2:28 PM, Flakes said:

Zilver ,gold, land, real estate are real assets and stocks, shares are paper assets.

Is the second half of this year preferred time for a few gold or silver, once US raises the interest rate? Or other resource, rare metal etc? I wonder what solar panel requires... :rolleyes: