• Commercial Banner Advertisers

rep1

long term, stable choices?

rep1

I'm looking to redistribute some of earnings into more reliable, long term bets. Did some research and so far there are:

S&P 500 index ETF

DOW index ETF

blue chip equality fund

Not sure what ETF is but from I gather the 3 won't go down unless USA goes down?

But just in case, any Chinese, Singaporean or other Asian bets that are reliable?

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

I gather the 3 won't go down unless USA goes down?

Ever heard of Black Monday ? that was in 1987 . Well, it happened, and the USA is still here !

Flakes

There is a big difference between real assets and paper assets.

Contango
3 hours ago, rep1 said:

I'm looking to redistribute some of earnings into more reliable, long term bets. Did some research and so far there are:

S&P 500 index ETF

DOW index ETF

blue chip equality fund

Not sure what ETF is but from I gather the 3 won't go down unless USA goes down?

But just in case, any Chinese, Singaporean or other Asian bets that are reliable?

Index ETF's track the index - up and down, DOW falls 50% so does the ETF.

• Thanks 1

aussiekangaroo

I found a way to make 10-15% using Bitcoin every 3 days but sorry can't tell anyone or may no longer be possible if many people doing it.

• Thanks 1

rfm010

Don't much follow chinese stuff because i don't trust the government nor company data (early 2016 comes to mind) but i do have a chunk of alibaba (baba).  Long term, whatever that is, it should do well.

I invest primarily in emerging biotech.  Individual stocks are extremely risky but the industry as a whole should be gangbusters over time, so you may consider an etf such as xbi or ibb.    You may also consider an artificial intelligence and robotics etf such as botz.  Baba and botz are my only non-biotech holdings.  All of these will do some serious bouncing around but they are major areas of new discovery with products of high demand so if your long term is more than 5 years you should do well.

• Thanks 1

Semper paratus

At my age I don't look at anything as "long term".

shadow

Image result for old horse stable pics

My long term stable choice.

• Haha 3

rep1
3 hours ago, shadow said:

Image result for old horse stable pics

My long term stable choice.

each a million pesos? I'd love to have some mini types around if I can.

Enuff

There is a an e-book titled "How To Get rick slow" (available on eBay) that helped me turn pennies into dimes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

rep1
11 hours ago, rfm010 said:

I invest primarily in emerging biotech.  Individual stocks are extremely risky but the industry as a whole should be gangbusters over time, so you may consider an etf such as xbi or ibb.    You may also consider an artificial intelligence and robotics etf such as botz.  Baba and botz are my only non-biotech holdings.  All of these will do some serious bouncing around but they are major areas of new discovery with products of high demand so if your long term is more than 5 years you should do well.

Found them at local bank! How come IBB dropped sharply recently but XBI didn't?? :shocked: 

rep1
12 hours ago, aussiekangaroo said:

I found a way to make 10-15% using Bitcoin every 3 days but sorry can't tell anyone or may no longer be possible if many people doing it.

LOL been doing it for a year. But now that a few thousand pesos turned into sizable fund for my new home, I'm starting to be afraid of simultaneous crash of all cryptocurrencies... I'm working but no emergency fund, and our national retirement fund will surely collapse in a few decades.

Life is long and dark.

14 hours ago, Flakes said:

There is a big difference between real assets and paper assets.

Nah I'm not really comfortable holding that...

Flakes
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

LOL been doing it for a year. But now that a few thousand pesos turned into sizable fund for my new home, I'm starting to be afraid of simultaneous crash of all cryptocurrencies... I'm working but no emergency fund, and our national retirement fund will surely collapse in a few decades.

Life is long and dark.

Nah I'm not really comfortable holding that...

Doubt u know the difference😃

rep1
1 minute ago, Flakes said:

Doubt u know the difference😃

You mean real estate? Young people in my country cannot afford homes because older generation love buying everything related to land and just hold them, right in the capital where everyone work.

Flakes
22 minutes ago, rep1 said:

You mean real estate? Young people in my country cannot afford homes because older generation love buying everything related to land and just hold them, right in the capital where everyone work.

Zilver ,gold, land, real estate are real assets and stocks, shares are paper assets. Bit coins I don't know its what kind of asset exactly.