bernadette

Pizza Sauce

bernadette
8 hours ago, Lordblacknail said:

and they coat the pasta better and cling to it.

surething here it is

3-4tbsp olive oil

1tbsp chopped garlic

1 cup finely chopped onions

1 can 28oz tomato diced

1 tbsp dried parsley

1tbsp dried basilnleaves

2tsp salt or to taste

2tbsp sugar(ADJUST IF YOU LIKE)

1tbsp black pepper

Saute garlic and onions

add the rest og the ing and cook for  30 minutes until soft or thick 

Edited by bernadette
  • Like 1

papimafioso69

Use crushed tomatoes ,dry basil , sugar and salt pepper and if you can and parmesan cheese . That's how you do it . 

• Thanks 1

RangerUp

Sugar? No, no sugar.  Ever. And most "Parmesan" cheese is fake, the good stuff is labelled "Parmigiano" and you won't find that in the Philippines.

You can't beat this for a pasta sauce:

Edited by RangerUp
  • Thanks 1

liquido
7 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Sugar? No, no sugar. 

HaHaHa

Detour

Napoli sauce

Google has plenty of ideas...

• Thanks 1

sugbu777

There is one ingredient that should never appear in any pasta sauce recipe...sugar.

Basil is used for a sweetening factor/ Italian type basil. Do not use Thai type basil. You will be in for an unpleasant surprise.

• Like 1

Richard K

I make a fresh tomato sauce I use for chicken parm.  I use really ripe local tomatoes. I blanch them in boiling water first and peal them...the skin slips right off. I use native oregano and I grow my own parsley and  basil that I use...pressed garlic...
I simmer it for a long time so it thickens up. ..sometimes I throw in a couple of the small red peppers, chopped fine, to spice it up....

• Like 1

papimafioso69

It amazes me about this board . I live in Chicago the best place for pizza . That recipe is from a pizza place that does 9 mil. in sales a year . Sugar helps cut the acid from the tomatoes , you use a little . The reason to use dry basil is because you might get Thai basil in Asia   . In my earlier days of employment I also worked at several pizza places and that's  almost the same recipe that they used , some added a little garlic powder . 

lamoe
On 12/6/2017 at 5:37 AM, bernadette said:

Oh I really thot any tomatoe will do

yes and no - different flavors and water content

On 12/6/2017 at 11:12 AM, Headshot said:

Usually Roma tomatoes are used in pizza/spaghetti sauces. They are more strongly flavored than eating tomatoes.

Same for me  about the lowest in water content vs flesh

Tried some heirloom ones -  that was an experience - same with Illinois sweet corn vs original Maze

GwapoGuy
On 2/26/2018 at 8:20 PM, Richard K said:

I make a fresh tomato sauce I use for chicken parm.  I use really ripe local tomatoes. I blanch them in boiling water first and peal them...the skin slips right off. I use native oregano and I grow my own parsley and  basil that I use...pressed garlic...
I simmer it for a long time so it thickens up. ..sometimes I throw in a couple of the small red peppers, chopped fine, to spice it up....

What I was referring to in my earlier post was using the freshest, ripest, juiciest tomatos you can find because it is a no cook sauce. Add the ingredients you mention plus good quality olive oil and let the mixture sit for a few hours and macerate. You be surprised how good it is.

Headshot
10 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

That recipe is from a pizza place that does 9 mil. in sales a year

Which pizza place is that?

bernadette
3 hours ago, Headshot said:

Which pizza place is that?

me myself would also like know which pizza place did i learned my recipe :lol: