Jump to content
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

bernadette

Pizza Sauce

Recommended Posts

bernadette

Hi All! :)

 

Does anyone of you here make his/her own pizza sauce from scratch, i mean made from fresh tomatoes? if so, how do you make it? i got a recipe but I want to try something new..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GwapoGuy

Me thinks pizza sauce would be better if made with canned tomatoes.

But I have great simple recipe for a spaghetti sauce made with fresh tomatoes!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
3 minutes ago, GwapoGuy said:

Me thinks pizza sauce would be better if made with canned tomatoes.

But I have great simple recipe for a spaghetti sauce made with fresh tomatoes!

actually, got a pizza sauce recipe using canned tomatoes but the thing is...i only do pizza occasionally and am afraid am just gonna spoil the left over sauce because sometimes it takes a month before am gonna do another pizza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
10 minutes ago, bernadette said:

actually, got a pizza sauce recipe using canned tomatoes but the thing is...i only do pizza occasionally and am afraid am just gonna spoil the left over sauce because sometimes it takes a month before am gonna do another pizza

Make a pot of sauce and freeze in individual bags for use.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
2 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Make a pot of sauce and freeze in individual bags for use.

will it not spoil for a month or two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyaku
2 hours ago, bernadette said:

Hi All! :)

 

Does anyone of you here make his/her own pizza sauce from scratch, i mean made from fresh tomatoes? if so, how do you make it? i got a recipe but I want to try something new..

I would like to but it's difficult to get decent tomatoes here to do it. Too hard and not sweet enough. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
8 minutes ago, bernadette said:

will it not spoil for a month or two?

not if frozen, we freeze for months. you could even try canning, that will last a lifetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
23 minutes ago, Enuff said:

not if frozen, we freeze for months. you could even try canning, that will last a lifetime.

Thank!😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
39 minutes ago, Enuff said:

you could even try canning, that will last a lifetime.

Not really, but it will last for two or three years. Anybody who has done much canning knows that you have to rotate your stores. Some things will last longer, but tomato products have a relatively short shelf life. Once you can a couple of years worth, you should just can enough to always have at least a year's supply on hand (when stores are at a low point).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bernadette
6 hours ago, hyaku said:

I would like to but it's difficult to get decent tomatoes here to do it. Too hard and not sweet enough. 

Oh I really thot any tomatoe will do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lordblacknail

so are you going to share your great spagetti receipe with us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soupeod

I usually buy it in a jar that lasts forever. 😁

Edited by soupeod
Smiley face
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
5 hours ago, bernadette said:

Oh I really thot any tomatoe will do

Usually Roma tomatoes are used in pizza/spaghetti sauces. They are more strongly flavored than eating tomatoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lordblacknail

and they coat the pasta better and cling to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDat

Are the little local tomatoes not the sauce type? We use them for salsa, and it is great. If you have a deep freeze refrigerator, the sauce will last a long time, but unless you have a separate freezer / refrigerator compartment, it is not a "deep freeze".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert



  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×