• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Kreole

Globe Internet contract?

Kreole

I have been on a tourist visa for 8 years in the same place and would like to have a contract with Globe for my internet service.  Is it possible for a non-resident or an unmarried foreigner to make an internet service contract?

Woolf

I had no problem getting a GlOBE post pay contract, so years ago

just bring your passport and ACR-I card

• Like 2

CommanderData

Related for reference: I got a Sky Broadband contract with nothing more than my passport and a 30 day visitor visa several years ago in Dumaguete (also a year long lease on a place). Had never stayed long enough to have an ACR-I card at that point. 

Obviously things are different from company to company, and even between branches of the same company... Best of luck! 

TimL

I was in Cebu in Jan/Feb 2018. I had no problem getting Sky broadband with just my US Passport.

Globe, not sure. I will check that out when I return in August.

delancey
On 10/25/2017 at 3:53 PM, Kreole said:

I have been on a tourist visa for 8 years in the same place and would like to have a contract with Globe for my internet service.  Is it possible for a non-resident or an unmarried foreigner to make an internet service contract?

They only asked for copy of PP bio page.

They didn’t care about any other I.D. Type of residency was never asked. Marriage not emphasized and I doubt they have a method in place to verify, anyway.

This is a culture that needs you to draw a map and picture of where you live so they can find your residence and with installers that run out of load to call and say they are coming. 

Unless things recently changed you can make a contract.

As a side note: When we moved it was still to an area served by Globe and they said they possibly could not get to us for six to twelve months but even so we still had to pay the monthly fee while waiting. We cancelled.

The actual internet service was excellent a giant improvement in the last couple years.

• Like 1

Jawny

In years past, it was more difficult and the Globe sales reps would discourage the account in the foreigners name and have some family member get the account.  They even demanded a landline phone as part of the enrollment process.  

Lately, it has become very much simpler.  They go through the motions of getting documents to establish an address, an identification, the ability to pay (as evidenced by having a utility bill etc). 

I'd suggest using a Globe office in a shopping mall where the pace is faster and more likely to be quickly processed for the account.

• Like 2