• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Thomson
12 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I think it was Skywalker that was giving him a hard time...

Not a very pleasant guy to have chat with, for sure. Always repeating himself about his luxury life in Bangkok while counting his presence in Cebu to the exact day and minute. 

anyway all you naysayers who laughed at me should feel ashamed of yourselves now. While today the price has climbed up to $7500 - i'm sure we will see $9,000 very soon. After that's, it's up to rocketman to decide how high we will go.

Edited by Thomson

rep1
14 hours ago, Thomson said:

If you want to buy a crypto which will triple (3x) within a year then Bitcoin Cash (BCH) will definitely be following in Bitcoin's footsteps and the price is only $620 right now. 

It was only $300 last month.

what about other ETH and LTC? ETH was $10 a year ago.

broden

for me bitcoin is a generational change kind of thing like many things through out history.. which means you have to look at it through the lens of the next generation not the preceding ones

and you really should take the news you get about it, when it comes from traditional financial news services or traditional financial people(like bankers) with a giant grain of salt, as they have strong reasons to want the status quo

for example people in the most current generation have already become use to paying and making real money off of items "mined" in video games

example of past generational thinking.. there are many, like in 1943 the president of ibm saying there would only be a market for 5 computers in the world, people saying tv would only be a fad , or the car will never last cause horses eat grass on the side of the road for free

bitcoin has a chance to go a very long way from where it is, it's user base is still small but growing exponentially

personally i don't trade them.. i bought a small amount for long term holding for my kid or maybe his kids.. the possible upside is worth it to me

it helps too that there is an upper limit of 21 million-ish .. so governments can't just print more at will.. this is perhaps the single thing that draws people the most .. people are getting very tired of what governments are doing to their pocketbooks

what should probably  interest people here on this forum specifically is the mobility of it. and taking money across borders fast and easy

• Thanks 2

Thomson
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

what about other ETH and LTC? ETH was $10 a year ago.

ETH and LTC are both coins I would invest in if i'd be starting out now, along with BCH (Bitcoin Cash). 

• Thanks 1

Paul
4 hours ago, Thomson said:

anyway all you naysayers who laughed at me should feel ashamed of yourselves now.

You don't have to gloat. Everyone is well aware of the current price. 

Keep in mind, you were previously banned for personal attacks. Please do not let it go that far again.

Thomson

OK, I will behave this time, but please remember why I got banned... because many people made fun of me for posting positively about Bitcoin's future. That's why I got mad and insulted a few members here. I'm glad they realized now that I was not bullshitting. 

Ironically, the person who bashed me the most and because of who I got banned - is now banned himself. I'm glad he's gone.

Edited by Thomson
  • Like 2

Paul
Just now, Thomson said:

OK, I will behave this time, but please remember why I got banned... because many people made fun of me for posting positively about Bitcoin's future. That's why I got mad and insulted a few members here. I'm glad they realized now that I was not bullshitting. 

Next time, click the report button. Don't lose your cool.

DeedleNuts
48 minutes ago, Paul said:

Next time, click the report button. Don't lose your cool.

I guess I should go find my cool now

• Haha 1

Daddy
On 11/4/2017 at 3:08 PM, Thomson said:

That person who posted about Bitcoin in early 2014, was me!  I remember very well, everyone who replied to my thread about BTC laughed at me, some even said it's a scam, ponzi scheme, etc.  My account then got banned from this website, (or maybe I forgot my username?) because everyone including some moderators simply hated me, and it all started because of my investment advise which everyone labelled as a sham. 

My prediction was $4000 by the end of 2014 but unfortunately this did not happen, we had to wait until 2017 for that. 

How much money did I make? Now this is the funny part, I needed money and sold a huge chunk of my Bitcoins when it was only around $1000 and because I though it would fall back so my plan was to re-buy at a cheaper price, but unfortunately that did not happen. Right now i'm buying when it goes down and I sell every time a new milestone has been reached. 

I have nonetheless made more than $500,000 in profits until now and i'm looking at close to $1,000,000 if everything continues as planned. 

I'm glad you guys now realized it's not a sham. 

Not everyone. As I recall there were some very negative comments but mine was in support of you and Bitcoin. 

I hope you are wrong about the 1 mil and instead try for 3 mil. I've happy you are doing well with Bitcoin as am I. Thanks for returning to the forum and understand that people do not like change and they are usually very vocal about it.

• Like 2

Daddy
11 hours ago, Thomson said:

Not a very pleasant guy to have chat with, for sure. Always repeating himself about his luxury life in Bangkok while counting his presence in Cebu to the exact day and minute. 

anyway all you naysayers who laughed at me should feel ashamed of yourselves now. While today the price has climbed up to $7500 - i'm sure we will see $9,000 very soon. After that's, it's up to rocketman to decide how high we will go.

I agree totally except it will probably go to 10k or more. 

billy
11 hours ago, Thomson said:

you were right i was wrong. you could of also said that in the nasdaq boom in stocks but what came later was crash and burn only time will tell. but for sure you called it and were 100% correct

Daddy
10 hours ago, broden said:

for me bitcoin is a generational change kind of thing like many things through out history.. which means you have to look at it through the lens of the next generation not the preceding ones

and you really should take the news you get about it, when it comes from traditional financial news services or traditional financial people(like bankers) with a giant grain of salt, as they have strong reasons to want the status quo

for example people in the most current generation have already become use to paying and making real money off of items "mined" in video games

example of past generational thinking.. there are many, like in 1943 the president of ibm saying there would only be a market for 5 computers in the world, people saying tv would only be a fad , or the car will never last cause horses eat grass on the side of the road for free

bitcoin has a chance to go a very long way from where it is, it's user base is still small but growing exponentially

personally i don't trade them.. i bought a small amount for long term holding for my kid or maybe his kids.. the possible upside is worth it to me

it helps too that there is an upper limit of 21 million-ish .. so governments can't just print more at will.. this is perhaps the single thing that draws people the most .. people are getting very tired of what governments are doing to their pocketbooks

what should probably  interest people here on this forum specifically is the mobility of it. and taking money across borders fast and easy

You are right about the generational thing. Lots of young people have lost faith in their government, regardless of their country, and their fiat currency. As they get older and have more money they are getting into crypto. The further along this goes the more there will be in cryptos. Al fiat currencies are backed by credit or faith in their country. Bitcoin cannot be manipulated by QE or interest rates manipulated by central banks. It is strictly a free market monetary accounting unit that has a limited number that will every be mined and a limited number that can be added to the total per month. 

It is being called the new gold, a storehouse for wealth. It may or may not be, but I've diversified and now own bitcoins as it may actually be better than gold. 

• Like 1

Daddy

This article is from . https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-bull-raises-price-target-to-11000

Get Trading Recommendations and Read Analysis on Hacked.com for just $39 per month.

Bitcoin bull Ronnie Moas has raised his 2018 bitcoin price target to $11,000.

Moas, a respected market analyst at Standpoint Research, believes that recent announcements such as the introduction of bitcoin futures contracts by derivatives exchange operator CME Group will accelerate the pace of global bitcoin adoption ahead of his already-bullish target.

“Every day more headlines are hitting the newswires on crypto,” Moas wrote in a note emailed to clients. “More countries are embracing it and the few obstacles that were standing in the way are falling down like dominoes.”

This is not the only time Moas has raised his bitcoin price target in recent months. Earlier this year, he set a $5,000 bitcoin price target, which he later raised to $7,500 during the market’s Q3 surge. Now, as the bitcoin price approaches that revised target, he has written a note to Standpoint clients advising them that he believes the bitcoin price will hit $11,000 in 2018.

But Moas does not think bitcoin will stop there. He expects that within 10 years at least 1% of all capital – an estimated $200 trillion – will move into crypto assets, raising the total cryptocurrency market cap tenfold to $2 trillion. Assuming bitcoin holds a 50% market share, the bitcoin price would be roughly $50,000. That’s his conservative estimate.

Advertisement:

My aggressive crypto market cap target is actually 2% within 5 years that would put the industry at $4 trillion dollars and bitcoin would be at 2 trillion (if it holds a 50% market share),” Moas continued. “The price would then be $120,000 and only 25% of where the gold market is today. Many people believe that Bitcoin will eventually catch up to gold($8 trillion) and I would not argue with that. $8 trillion would get bitcoin to $500,000.”

Bitcoin Not a Bubble

Elsewhere in the note, Moas addresses the litany of recent criticisms from entrenched financiers. Although Goldman Sachs chief executive Lloyd Blankfein says he is “open” to bitcoin, other leading investment bankers have been far less conciliatory. UBS has called the market a “speculative bubble”, while JPMorgan head Jamie Dimon has lambasted it as an outright “fraud”.

Moas writes that these criticisms do not deter him from his positive outlook.

“What would we expect them to say?” he wrote. They’re “heavily invested in the publicly traded U.S. banks that are threatened by cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is not a scam and it is not in a bubble. You are more likely to find scams and bubbles in the U.S. stock market.”

• Thanks 1

Paul
On 11/5/2017 at 11:53 PM, Thomson said:

for posting positively about Bitcoin's future.

@Thomson, check your PMs man. 

Jersey Jim

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have worked in investment/commercial banking for past 25 years, so I tend to go with investments I understand and for the most part stick to equities, mutual funds and real estate for the long run. I have done some research on Bitcoin and see many risks to this product and quite frankly I still have hard time understanding current valuations.

That said, there are a number of large institutional investors that are true believers. Even the CME in Chicago, has launched a Bitcoin futures market to try and tame the volatility, but regulation around this product is virtually non-existent and varies by country since its classified as crypto-currency.

To those who do invest, I wish you luck-- this is truly a free market product, but would keep your eye out for any potential red flags.

Pro's

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/cf-bitcoin-reference-rate.html

Con's

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/13/bitcoin-fraud-jp-morgan-cryptocurrency-drug-dealers

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/20/32-million-worth-of-digital-currency-ether-stolen-by-hackers.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bitfinex-hacked-hongkong/bitcoin-worth-72-million-stolen-from-bitfinex-exchange-in-hong-kong-idUSKCN10E0KP

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/10/13/blackrock-ceo-larry-fink-bitcoin-an-index-for-money-laundering.html

• Like 2