• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Paul
1 minute ago, Thomson said:

because everyone including some moderators simply hated me, and it all started because of my investment advise which everyone labelled as a sham. 

I don't honestly believe anyone hated you. I certainly did not, nor do I now. But, up to now anyway, I will admit, you called it close.

Travis
Just now, Thomson said:

That person who posted about Bitcoin in early 2014, was me!  I remember very well, everyone who replied to my thread about BTC laughed at me, some even said it's a scam, ponzi scheme, etc.  My account then got banned from this website, because everyone including some moderators simply hated me, and it all started because of my investment advise which everyone labelled as a sham. 

My prediction was $4000 by the end of 2014 but unfortunately this did not happen, we had to wait until 2017 for that. 

How much money did I make? Now this is the funny part, I needed money and sold a huge chunk of my Bitcoins when it was only around $1000 and because I though it would fall back so my plan was to re-buy at a cheaper price, but unfortunately that did not happen. Right now i'm buying when it goes down and I sell every time a new milestone has been reached. 

I have nonetheless made more than $500,000 in profits until now and i'm looking at close to $1,000,000 if everything continues as planned. 

I'm glad you guys now realized it's not a sham. 

I am still waiting for it to drop before i jump in. 

There is a lot of talk about the upcomming fork. Some say it will drop after that

Thomson

I've been looking for the thread here, but couldn't find anything.... it seems to have been deleted, maybe the moderators delete old topics from members who got banned? However I still see some pretty epic Whippy content on here. 

anyway... no hard feelings. 

You guys were not the only ones who laughed at me. Most people today feel regret for not following my advise. 

• Like 1

Paul
Just now, Thomson said:

I've been looking for the thread here, but couldn't find anything.... it seems to have been deleted, maybe the moderators delete old topics from members who got banned? However I still see some pretty epic Whippy content on here. 

anyway... no hard feelings. 

You guys were not the only ones who laughed at me. Most people today feel regret for not following my advise. 

No, we don't delete topics under those circumstances. I found it a little while back. Looking now, for it.

Thomson

If I didn't sell a big chunk of my BTC at 1000$ then I would have about $2,500,000 in the bank right now but I decided to play it safe and cashed out every once in a while in order not to lose anything in case of a disaster and to be able to re-buy during the pullbacks. 

I became a member of this forum riding a 30,000 Rusi motorbike in Cebu, living in a shitty apartment with crappy furniture, because I couldn't afford anything else.  I put all my savings into BTC, which is something not many human beings would risk doing. At one point, I remember having less than $10,000 on my savings bank account and about $150,000 in BTC because that's where all my savings went into, and that's when I decided to start selling in chunks. I've made about $500,000 today in profits, which is not bad but I still want to hit my head against the wall sometimes when I think about how much I could have made if I actually listened to my guts instead of playing it "safe".

Well... quitting is the problem... I'm addicted to trading cryptocurrencies now. I'm always looking at other investments, like real estate or opening a physical business but there's nothing that beats cryptocurrency for me now.

Edited by Thomson
  • Like 1

Thomson
22 minutes ago, Travis said:

I am still waiting for it to drop before i jump in. 

There is a lot of talk about the upcomming fork. Some say it will drop after that

That's exactly what most people say who never end up buying at the end. I remember Blaze Pontaine, one of the mods here, said he was waiting for it to drop to $60 to buy and then it went straight up to $1000, he missed out simply because he was "waiting" for it to drop, and instead it sky rocketed. 

Waiting for a drop without ever buying is probably the worst mistake you can make with Bitcoin along with losing your private key.

Edited by Thomson
  • Like 1

Travis

From another forum

This guy was saying to wait.

He has posted some very insightful info before.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes wait.

Put it this way, I am actually selling my stash off in increments. You will be buying my coins off me..... In my opinion this is mania pure & simple. You sell into the newbies who are emotional & only chasing price. The next step when the chart tells me is to short it into the ground. When that comes is anyones guess as I don't know when the top will be in. 

I truly believe people have missed the train on this one. I think everyone in BTC since the early days would agree with me.

Paul

Did you see my post at the bottom of the previous page, @Thomson?

1 minute ago, Travis said:

This guy was saying to wait.

When did he say that?

Thomson
1 minute ago, Paul said:

No, that's not the thread. It seems like that thread was created because the one I started stirred out of control. 

I do not remember my username.

• Thanks 1

Travis
Just now, Paul said:

When did he say that?

About fifteen minutes ago Paul. 

• Thanks 1

Paul
5 minutes ago, Thomson said:

No, that's not the thread. It seems like that thread was created because the one I started stirred out of control. 

I do not remember my username.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/topic/69411-new-york-hearing-on-bitcoin-virtual-currencies/?do=findComment&comment=787707

You were ThomsonJr before.

Thomson

If we are able to stay at around $7400 for the next 24H then the bullish uptrend will be confirmed once again and we will be heading to $8,000-$9,000 range.

There are always going to be pullbacks, but right now if we don't see a reversal within the next coming hours then the bullish trend will be confirmed once again.

It's been 2 days already since the new ATH, so if there is no pullback it means we are going upwards to a new all time high, so technically speaking, while you are waiting the price will go up and you'll be buying during the next pull back which could be a lot higher than $7400 

Edited by Thomson

Thomson

my long term goal right now is $25,000. This could be in 2018.  Yes, that's a far cry from my previous $4000 estimation from 2014.  

short term goal: $10,000 by the end of this year.

Paul
1 minute ago, Thomson said:

short term goal: $10,000 by the end of this year.

That would be a heck of a goal to reach.