Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Monsoon

A few years ago someone offered to pay me in bitcoins for what I had pretty much written off as bad debt. 

Im still spending them and he doesn’t speak to me anymore. 

Win-win. 

Salty Dog

could've, would've, should've...

Paul
6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

A few years ago someone offered to pay me in bitcoins for what I had pretty much written off as bad debt. 

Im still spending them and he doesn’t speak to me anymore. 

Win-win. 

And, I want 'em back, too! 

• Haha 1

Monsoon
54 minutes ago, Paul said:

And, I want 'em back, too! 

All you have to do is crack the long passwords and two factor authentication on my wallet! 

DeedleNuts
1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

All you have to do is crack the long passwords and two factor authentication on my wallet! 

REally serious bitcoin hoarders print the wallet on paper ....

Travis

I used to have two coins and sold them when they wee about $ 900.00. I wish i had them now

Travis

$ 6300.00

Daddy
On 10/29/2017 at 11:39 AM, DeedleNuts said:

REally serious bitcoin hoarders print the wallet on paper ....

They have a "hardware wallet" now. It is like a USB that is impossible to break into and steal the bitcoins. I have one and have some bitcoins that I bought a few months ago. Doing well thank you. This hardware wallet is my bank, I don't have to worry about the bank going broke or the bank imposing one of the newer laws allowing them to confiscate my money without my permission if they need it and making me an unsecured debtor.

My wife and I write a check to ourselves and deposit in our Philippine acct. to transfer money from US.  to our bank account. It takes just over 30 days but we usually get a good exchange rate. With bitcoin the same transaction would take no more than 2 hours, tops.

There are a number of drawbacks to bitcoin such as not very many merchants will accept it, but that is changing slowly but surely. Also there aren't many places that will exchange bitcoin for fiat currencies.

This is disruptor technology that will eventually put the banks out of business and they are fighting it big time and it will get worse as the banksters turn their cronies the politicians loose to write laws against bitcoin. Once bitcoin becomes main stream and we are almost there now it will create lots of chaos for the current fiat money system. Just as the internet has almost put the post office out of business so the disruption of crypto will put the banks out of business. 

There are several countries that are looking to create their own cryptos and also banks. 

# Name Market Cap Price Volume (24h) Circulating Supply Change (24h) Price Graph (7d)

Bitcoin
$107,286,831,509 $6440.97 $2,318,700,000 16,656,937 BTC 5.13% sparkline

At this posting. 

The people I listen to are saying if Bitcoin goes up to 6700 it will probably go to 10,000 minimum and that will happen probably this week or next.....me, I don't know.

Edited by Daddy

Goetz1965

10.000$ would just be a little step.

Just remember - technically there will only be 21 Million bitcoin available (thats why you can also trade smaller amounts like 0.001 BTC) - giving a company like Amazon is worth 1 Billion $ alone - just divide that by 21 Million and you get a glimpse how much "worth" 1 Bitcoin can become in the future - if I suggets 1 BTC = 1 Million $ in 5 years ? 

Monsoon
33 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

if I suggets 1 BTC = 1 Million $ in 5 years ? 

If that happens I'll finally get that private jet I've always wanted, instead of these lowly fractional hours packages!

A_Simple_Man

Warren Buffet has a view on Bitcoin about a minute into this video

DeedleNuts
3 hours ago, Daddy said:

They have a "hardware wallet" now. It is like a USB that is impossible to break into and steal the bitcoins. I have one and have some bitcoins that I bought a few months ago

You realize the 'coins' don't actually go onto the 'wallet' right? Seriously, one of the most secure ways to store BTC is to print a QR code and key, and transfer coins to that key, and then store the paper in a physically secure place. 

Low tech but safe. 

Also a lot cheaper than whatever the f*ck you're using now. 

Daddy
10 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

You realize the 'coins' don't actually go onto the 'wallet' right? Seriously, one of the most secure ways to store BTC is to print a QR code and key, and transfer coins to that key, and then store the paper in a physically secure place. 

Low tech but safe. 

Also a lot cheaper than whatever the f*ck you're using now. 

Yes, I know that.

But not as cool.

True but if this is lost or damaged it is possible to retrieve my coins.

Daddy
On 10/29/2017 at 3:17 PM, Travis said:

Advertisement

Get Trading Recommendations and Read Analysis on Hacked.com for just $39 per month.

Brian Kelly, a highly regarded CNBC analyst and founder of cryptocurrency-focused hedge fund BKCM, laid out three major reasons to invest in bitcoin in the short-term.

On CNBC’s Fast Money, Kelly emphasized that the vast majority of analysts, researchers, investors, and businesses in both the technology and financial sectors strongly believe that bitcoin will “Amazon” the banks in the upcoming years. Essentially, Kelly explained that as Amazon rendered the existence of traditional retailers useless, the adoption of bitcoin will lead to the decline of banks and the entire financial industry.

“Bitcoin is going to ‘Amazon’ the banks. Bitcoin is is a way to remove the third party from financial services. Just like Amazon to retail. Amazon comes in and they go direct to consumers. [This is going to be] the ‘bitcoining’ of the banks,” said Kelly.

As for myself, I agree with his assessment but I reserve the right to be wrong.

Edited by Daddy

Thomson

That person who posted about Bitcoin in early 2014, was me!  I remember very well, everyone who replied to my thread about BTC laughed at me, some even said it's a scam, ponzi scheme, etc.  My account then got banned from this website, (or maybe I forgot my username?) because everyone including some moderators simply hated me, and it all started because of my investment advise which everyone labelled as a sham. 

My prediction was $4000 by the end of 2014 but unfortunately this did not happen, we had to wait until 2017 for that. 

How much money did I make? Now this is the funny part, I needed money and sold a huge chunk of my Bitcoins when it was only around $1000 and because I though it would fall back so my plan was to re-buy at a cheaper price, but unfortunately that did not happen. Right now i'm buying when it goes down and I sell every time a new milestone has been reached. 

I have nonetheless made more than $500,000 in profits until now and i'm looking at close to $1,000,000 if everything continues as planned. 

I'm glad you guys now realized it's not a sham. 

Edited by Thomson
  • Thanks 1