Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Paul

broden

you can if you so choose print out bitcoin that you own on paper and keep it in a safe.. many people do rather than keep it online or in an electronic wallet .

blockchain the underlying technology (or paper as it were) that bitcoin is built(printed) on is being used all over .. mit is now using it to issue diplomas Illinois is trial using it for birth certificates mastercard is beginning to use it for transactions eventually medical records and all sorts of things will end up using it

as far as electricity loss.. most of the currency in the world exists only as bit and bytes in computers around the globe..for example as much as the u.s. dollar has been over-printer there are still not enough paper dollars in existence to cover everyone if they all wanted to "cash-out" at once .. a very large chunk only exist in electronic form

Edited by broden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Travis

IN

rep1
On 10/25/2017 at 6:40 AM, Travis said:

IN

why now?? I pulled out already, fearing a crash is coming because it has climbed 100% in a month...

HeyMike

Sometime back wasn't there a member here talking about bitcoin going over $2000 and he was laughed to scorn? The price was somewhere about $200 plus at the time, I think. Good, bad, or indifferent, if we bought then and sold now, we would all be triple diamond members.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Paul
40 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Sometime back wasn't there a member here talking about bitcoin going over $2000 and he was laughed to scorn? The price was somewhere about $200 plus at the time, I think. Good, bad, or indifferent, if we bought then and sold now, we would all be triple diamond members.

Heck man, when I first heard of Bitcoin, it was cheap as chips. Had I spent oh, $1,000 US, I would be well over a millionaire now. Oh well, when my ship comes in, I will be at the airport anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Salty Dog
4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Heck man, when I first heard of Bitcoin, it was cheap as chips. Had I spent oh, $1,000 US, I would be well over a millionaire now. Oh well, when my ship comes in, I will be at the airport anyway.

I said the same thing about Microsoft, up over 66,000% since its IPO on March 13, 1986.

I wasn't around then, but had you invested in Coca-Cola on its IPO date (not even its incorporation date) at $40 per share, and reinvested all dividends, you would have had $9.8 million by 2012. This staggering return amounts to a total percentage return of approximately 24,500,000%.

• Like 2

Semper paratus

And if a frog had wings and a radio up it's ass there'd be music in the air. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Travis
8 hours ago, rep1 said:

why now?? I pulled out already, fearing a crash is coming because it has climbed 100% in a month...

No IN as in this thread. Just a way some forums say that they want to follow it. 

I do want to buy some soon but at $5720.00 it is too rich for my blood. I will wait for it to go down

• Like 1

Paul
1 hour ago, Travis said:

No IN as in this thread. Just a way some forums say that they want to follow it. 

At the top of the thread and to the right, you will see a drop down menu where you can follow this thread without having to make a post.

• Thanks 1

Paul
19 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I said the same thing about Microsoft, up over 66,000% since its IPO on March 13, 1986.

Do you know what it opened at? 

Bitcoin has had one hell of a ride, both up and down, since its humble beginnings. 

billy
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Do you know what it opened at? 

Bitcoin has had one hell of a ride, both up and down, since its humble beginnings. 

Paul i heard you put 100,000 into bitcoin four years ago. that should give you enough money to build a house there. 

Paul
9 minutes ago, billy said:

Paul i heard you put 100,000 into bitcoin four years ago. that should give you enough money to build a house there. 

Brother, if I had put 100,000 dollars in to Bitcoin four years ago, I wouldn't be sitting on a farm in Cambodia right now. I would be in Hawaii, visiting @Mikala on his ranch. Or, visiting you when you go to Mexico. Or, maybe back up in the PNW, living - just below the snow line. 

Edited by Paul
brain fart.
  • Like 1

billy

there was a guy on here 2-3 years ago talking about bitcoin and saying its going much higher and a lot of people including me was skeptical , where is he now. he was 100% correct i was 100% wrong. i've never invested in it and i'm beginning to question my thoughts. there's a lot of very sucesfull people that are behind it.

Edited by billy

A_Simple_Man
29 minutes ago, billy said:

there was a guy on here 2-3 years ago talking about bitcoin and saying its going much higher and a lot of people including me was skeptical , where is he now. he was 100% correct i was 100% wrong. i've never invested in it and i'm beginning to question my thoughts.

I thought about using the search function of the forum, and then I realized:  That'd be Senseless:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1