• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Lee

Dictatorship, would you stay or would you go?

rizla
On 19/10/2017 at 6:25 PM, Lee said:

I knew it was just a matter of time before someone posted one of those,  :wink: but the problem for us may be a real dictator, I wonder how we will be treated since Du30 often voices his disdain for Americans and recently told European diplomats to get out of the Philippines. 

http://www.manilanews.net/news/255013426/philippine-president-duterte-threatens-eu-diplomats

I guess it is all about how an individual understands Duterte's remarks, the comment you posted was from October last year, Duterte, IMO, was saying to some EU countries, "stop criticising my war on drugs or I will ask for your removal" In the end nothing happened and diplomatic links have remained unchanged.

• Thanks 1

Flakes

Not a fan of Dictatorship its one of the many reasons why i have left Thailand.

The president here has been elected by the majority and that’s how it should be.

• Like 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I suppose I am saying

I perceive a "president" who does what he wants, regardless of any opposition.   So my perception/reality is "almost a dictator"

5ad1615e3dae5_Meme84.thumb.jpg.024e169d558ae6e702692f17363246d2.jpg

I do have to wonder how you come to those conclusions, but it's probably best that we don't go there.

• Like 1

Dafey

Just a suggestion but keep in mind this site is not private and anyone can read. I would keep in mind when posting that foreigners are not only discouraged but it is against the law a foreigner to interfere with Philippine politics.

hope @Davaoeno does not mind that I copied his post from another thread here...

• Like 1

Contango

I have decided not to retire to my Manila condo, not yet anyway, i dont like the current political situation...

smokey
Just now, Dafey said:

Just a suggestion but keep in mind this site is not private and anyone can read. I would keep in mind when posting that foreigners are not only discouraged but it is against the law a foreigner to interfere with Philippine politics.

hope @Davaoeno does not mind that I copied his post from another thread here...

That is why i like this president now if the us could fillow his style

lamoe

Every leader of any free country has certain executive powers that are his / hers to administer and not subject to the legislative branch..

Typically called "executive orders / proclamations / decrees".

Some leaders will try to push the scope of these powers beyond what is acceptable  - last POTUS as an example - but even if they are within the realm of their authority the opposition will claim they are exceeding it and  being dictatorial.

I like his approach and yes, methods.

Sure beats appeasement and believing talking will solve major social problems.

HTM

I'm a fan of Dictatorship!

I stay!

colemanlee

Lead, follow or be left behind