shadow

Air Asia plane plummets 20,000 feet, flight crew panics

shadow

A scary moment up in the air turned even more horrific as passengers aboard a plummeting plane claimed the flight crew started freaking out.

AirAsia flight QZ535 left from Perth, Australia Sunday  and headed to Bali, Indonesia. However,  shortly after takeoff the plane dropped almost 23,800 feet in nine minutes, according to the Associated Press.

The pressurization issue in the cabin prompted oxygen masks to drop from the ceiling amid emergency announcements from the crew, which were apparently far from calm.

One passenger, Clare Askew, said that, "The panic was escalated because of the behavior of staff who were screaming, looked tearful and shocked." Another passenger told news outlets, "They went hysterical. There was no real panic before that. Then everyone panicked."

Adding to the onboard confusion were emergency announcements coming in in different languages — so not all passengers were clear on what was going on. 

http://mashable.com/2017/10/16/airasia-flight-panic-chaos-pressure-qz535/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#IeyIkBM0sOqK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

GwapoGuy

The cabin crew should be fired! :mad_01:

• Like 2

billy

Nothing like the flight crew panicking. That gives you a calm feeling

• Haha 3

A_Simple_Man
21 minutes ago, GwapoGuy said:

The cabin crew should be fired!

For being human?  It ain't like in the movies.  I bet that happens on a lot of crashes but we would never know because they seldom survive to tell the tale.  Flight attendants in Philippines make peanuts and I doubt Air Asia pays much more.

Besides, I doubt that most of the cabin crew would stay working after an experience like that.  For the little bit of salary they get I would guess they would quit while they are still alive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

GwapoGuy

Had a gf go through flight attendant training for a major airline and she did excellent until she faced the emergency procedures in drills and couldn't hack it. Flunked out of school. Airlines take the welfare of passengers very seriously!

Google "Air Asia flight attendant salary" and you will see that they make decent money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A_Simple_Man
7 minutes ago, GwapoGuy said:

Air Asia flight attendant salary

OK, I googled and it says they make the equivalent of 12K pesos a month, about half what my neighbor makes working in a call center.  Hmm.  I would not call that decent money but I suppose some would, until they drop 24K feet in 9 minutes and crap their drawers :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

shadow
22 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

OK, I googled and it says they make the equivalent of 12K pesos a month, about half what my neighbor makes working in a call center.  Hmm.  I would not call that decent money but I suppose some would, until they drop 24K feet in 9 minutes and crap their drawers :lmao:

Well they make enough to have their drawers cleaned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Davaoeno

You can do drills all day long but until you actually are in the situation you never know if you will panic or not .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

oztony

I have done a few international flights , 35 + , with a range of carriers and Air Asia is easily the worst by far , on a different level of worst , than any other airline I have ever flown with and by the worst I mean the worst on every level , never would I ever fly with them ...once was once too much ...a horrible experience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

angbumabasa
12 minutes ago, shadow said:

Well they make enough to have their drawers cleaned.

If I was dropping in the air that fast my drawers would definitely need cleaning. I would say it, then do it. :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GwapoGuy
1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

OK, I googled and it says they make the equivalent of 12K pesos a month, about half what my neighbor makes working in a call center.

I'm coming up with quite a bit more then 12k.

What is the average salary of a normal FA in Air Asia X?
It could go lowest at RM4000+ to highest RM7000+ Depends on your flying patterns.

GwapoGuy
33 minutes ago, oztony said:

I have done a few international flights , 35 + , with a range of carriers and Air Asia is easily the worst by far , on a different level of worst , than any other airline I have ever flown with and by the worst I mean the worst on every level , never would I ever fly with them ...once was once too much ...a horrible experience.

Gosh that does not bode well for my first time flying with them next month. Were they not voted best low cost carrier? Are they worse then CP?

oztony

All Air Asia company's , to my knowledge , are independently run from the country they operate within/from , my experience was from Aus. to Kuala Lumpur , the connect regional from KL to Cebu  was fine and I asked the head steward on that flight why there was such a difference between the 2 and he then told me they were administrated separately....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

samatm

Very frustrating article as it does not mention the cause of the free fall.    What happened man?   

oztony
24 minutes ago, samatm said:

Very frustrating article as it does not mention the cause of the free fall.    What happened man?   

A chopstick that was plugging up one of the holes come loose............

• Like 1