• Commercial Banner Advertisers

liquido
9 hours ago, Headshot said:

BTW, the new international terminal has its big grand opening today! I hope those coming and going through that terminal in the near future will tell us all about it and post pictures of the inside of the terminal.

Was just there at the cld terminal last week ..The countdown sign after the 2nd security said like 30 something more days?

Headshot
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I was afraid of that. 

Well, don't worry too much. They had their big grand opening celebration today because this was the only day they could get President Duterte to attend. Turns out they aren't going to actually open for business until the end of June or the first part of July.

Woolf

Nice with a new international terminal

the international terminal fee is going to be raised from 750 to 850 php

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/178664/higher-fee-mcias-new-terminal

"Higher fee for MCIA’s new terminal"

• Like 1

to_dave007
16 hours ago, cookie47 said:

I managed to view the immigration office(i think) that one needs to use for extentions (if required). Its to the right "before" you enter keep in line barriers.No name on door but frequented by a lot of Immigration officers. I know our experience members know this but just putting it out there.

I think you are right.  There should be a small counter inside..  When the immigration lines are full of people coming in, the counter may be lightly staffed.

• Like 1

sugbu777
11 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

PAL should be resuming non-stop flights from the U.S. west coast to Cebu in the not too distant future, which will be good news for the American members here at LinC forums.

I'd be happy if they had direct flights from GUM/CEB like we did back in the early '90's. Would be a lot easier than transiting through MNL.

From west coast US would be great for our daughter and her family when the come to visit us in Cebu when we're there.

SkyMan
12 hours ago, Headshot said:

Well, don't worry too much. They had their big grand opening celebration today because this was the only day they could get President Duterte to attend. Turns out they aren't going to actually open for business until the end of June or the first part of July.

Good, the old terminal works and is good enough for me. I don't want to be a test subject for the new terminal. 

Kabisay-an gid
20 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Good, the old terminal works and is good enough for me. I don't want to be a test subject for the new terminal. 

I like the old one also, but it just can't handle the ever-growing number of people coming through MCIA each year. It's already operating at well past the capacity it was designed to. MCIA also needs another runway in the near future, or it's going to end up like Manila, with frequent long delays in take-off times. 

cookie47

Yes, i hope they improve the arrival experience once you are outside.
Only one set of doors were allowed to be used to exit customs. Causing a backup of passengers and trolleys.
But once you go through the doors you are confronted with a disorganised atmosphere. Yes its got better and a barrier has been installed a little way down the concourse but this are was so crowded with reps from resorts looking got pick ups, or new customers. Touters were ever present looking for passengers. One has no idea if you are a first timer that there are transport options down by McDonald's. I had the "Taxi sir" question a few times which is likely to be totally private vehicle unless you know. I'm not bothered by any of this but the first time tourist it could be a bit disturbing particularly with the humidity if not use to it and i forgot to mention the vehicle fumes.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1