• Commercial Banner Advertisers

liquido

Have been to this airport so many times in the years that I have lived in the RP..I have never seen so many foreigners..mainly young couples and groups of young single girls..is it that time of the year or is tourism really picking up?

b7335920

I stayed at the waterfront motel across from the airport a few days ago . I saw several white young couples wandering around the motel facilities . Considering the price of lodging i wondered same thing . Internet workers or call center owners ? Just a shot in the dark . I also have noticed more dirty white backpacker types (female) wandering around in 2s . I find it hard to believe cebu is becoming a hotspot tourist attraction so it does make you wonder

A_Simple_Man

I have never seen so many foreigners.

I had a flight out via Korea at the end of September.  At 1 am the airport was totally taken over by Koreans and a handful of us foreigners flying to North America via ICN.  Loud, Rude, and smoking like chimneys. Must have been half a dozen airlines or more with flights to Korea at that date and time.  And yet, on the return trip via Korea there were many empty seats on the plane.

Kabisay-an gid

Tourism in Cebu Province is ROCKIN'! Lots to see and do for those who are willing to get out there and explore. Tourism and Cebu's economic boom means those crowds at the airport are most likely only going to get bigger.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt

Maybe a changeout wave of missionaries so the ones that have been here a while can be home for Christmas?

• Like 1

SkyMan

They're just there to use the free wifi.

• Like 1

Skywalker

The exchange rates are also very attractive to our American friends right?

I <3 Cebu

Was at Oslob yesterday & was shocked at how many tourists were there for the whale sharks, the place has boomed!

musicman666

I saw a group of teen western girls wandering around a dodgy part of Cebu squatter area....they looked completely out of their comfort zone ....I felt like driving up to offer them some advice but I passed on it knowing that I would come across as a total sleeze bag.

rep1

there have also been much more taiwanese tourists than usual. have to do with direct flight I suppose. Round ticket is like P3000-P4000, cheaper than a day at hotel.

cookie47

Arrived AirAsia 1.0am this morning. 

Good flight and in fact my first budget airline. Check in was fully automated including baggage, although there  was one very busy lady if help was needed. 

The scanner said my passport photo did not match database 😱 had to a face scan. My wife was ok. They wouldn't allow bags even 1 kilo overweight.

Service was good, we ordered food when booking, all ok. 

Cebu Airport was a little difficult. No tube available so had to use busses. 

We had wonderful help from ground staff helping my wife down the stairs with hand carry. Would use again, yes but travel light which is not an option for my wife 😂

Immigration was a breeze as my wife headed for Seniors and pwd line. 

I managed to view the immigration office(i think) that one needs to use for extentions (if required). Its to the right "before" you enter keep in line barriers.No name on door but frequented by a lot of Immigration officers. I know our experience members know this but just putting it out there. 

Headshot

BTW, the new international terminal has its big grand opening today! I hope those coming and going through that terminal in the near future will tell us all about it and post pictures of the inside of the terminal.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Headshot said:

BTW, the new international terminal has its big grand opening today! I hope those coming and going through that terminal in the near future will tell us all about it and post pictures of the inside of the terminal.

I was afraid of that. 

Kabisay-an gid
8 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Cebu Airport was a little difficult. No tube available so had to use busses. 

The asawa and I had to use a bus recently at Taiwan Taoyuan International (near Taipei), on our flight from there to Cebu. And we weren't flying a budget airline.

I've heard that the new Cebu international terminal is pretty impressive, and PAL should be resuming non-stop flights from the U.S. west coast to Cebu in the not too distant future, which will be good news for the American members here at LinC forums.

• Like 1

cookie47

Re Airport...

I just re read my post.

Forgot to say we departed from Singapore terminal 4.
Newest terminal. Absolutely spot on.
Immigration is fully Automated with a few helpers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk