Skywalker

The POTUS

30 posts in this topic

I'd say you need to find a higher class of American friends/acquaintances to associate with.

I find that very amusing.

Kahuna likes this

Presidents have paid for their groceries but they get an expense budget. They do not do regular travel so they must get to keep a good portion of that 100k to spend on other things. 

The president also gets a cool $100,000 for travel expenses. In addition, there's $19,000 allotted for official entertaining. http://money.howstuffworks.com/5-presidential-perks9.htm

so they must get to keep a good portion of that 100k to spend on other things. 

Because there's absolutely no transparency in the accounts.  *sigh*

thebob and Lee like this

...same here!!!!

I hope the Queen does invite Trump, and our new first lady to visit her....in country... I'm sure they would accept the invitation....a privilege , or course...God bless the United Kingdom!

....Donald and Malania.....would be very...very respectful!, and very proud of our county ...as are most Americans.... to personally meet the Queen, and give her the respect she deserves!

Interesting times right now....God Bless President elect Trump...and our UK cousins

Edited by Mr. Mike
Ozbrum likes this

Because there's absolutely no transparency in the accounts.  *sigh*

Correct  - they can "say" a birthday trip to a foreign country for wife and kids  is a state visit so we have to pay for it.

I have enormous respect for the Queen.  I can't imagine a worse job to be born into.  No privacy, no freedom, no fun, no real holidays where you can relax and let your hair down and get up to mischief.  Instead she has to spend her life 24/7 being a Queen.  Which means an unending series of boring events to attend and listen to excruciatingly boring speeches during which she's not allowed to fall asleep.  Gossip mags constantly searching for salacious stories to print about her children.  A life under a microscope where the slightest slip is magnified enormously.

And yet she handles it all with such class.

The British royal family contribute far more to the economy than they cost.  But I feel sorry for whoever ends up having to sit in that chair.  So much never ending duty, and so little compensatory fun.  I certainly couldn't/wouldn't do it.  I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Ozbrum, Mr. Mike and Skywalker like this

.....I cannot dispute that....

I just hope Trump...and his wife get to meet the Queen of England....

.....don't get any better then that!

I saw a post on FB today, that Obama spent $44,000000. plus on vacation travel while in office.

FB has reported other lies, so do not take at face value.

I saw a post on FB today, that Obama spent $44,000000. plus on vacation travel while in office.

FB has reported other lies, so do not take at face value.

And that doesn't count the gov bill providing him protection or having the DOD send 2-3 ships to a part of the world to be nearby just in case while he's on his vacation.