Comfy Theme© by Fisana

Photo

My Filipina wife is submissive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the submissive Filipina a myth? (152 member(s) have cast votes)

This poll is about your Filipina wife.

1. My Filipina wife is submissive. (35 votes [22.88%])

Percentage of vote: 22.88%

2. We talk and make decisions together. (81 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. My Filipina wife is stubborn and does not listen. (37 votes [24.18%])

Percentage of vote: 24.18%

Vote

#1 Mik

Mik
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,883 posts
  • 199 thanks
  • 135 topics
  • Local time: 08:56 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

I want to settle the question of the legendary submissive Filipina. Is she for real or just a myth? There are two different polls. Please just respond to the one that fits you, unless you have both a wife and a girlfriend then respond to both polls.

#2 twostrokes

twostrokes
  • Elite Member
  • 641 posts
  • 27 thanks
  • 15 topics
  • Local time: 07:56 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

How about 2 & 3 as answers together....We talk about it and make a decision. If it is the one she wants, that is the end of it. If it isn't she gets stubborn and does not listen...hehe

#3 smokey

smokey
  • Elite Member
  • 22,617 posts
  • 3839 thanks
  • 856 topics
  • Local time: 05:56 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Sure submissive as long as itís something they wanted in the first place

#4 Ginamos

Ginamos
  • Elite Member
  • 248 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 12:56 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

I want to settle the question of the legendary submissive Filipina. Is she for real or just a myth? There are two different polls. Please just respond to the one that fits you, unless you have both a wife and a girlfriend then respond to both polls.

One of the biggest myths I've encountered, any westerner wanting a relationship with a Filipina because they think the "the little lady" will be "submissive" has just made their first mistake.

However, "long suffering" is a quality I've seen, I guess it's a requirement given the lack of responsibility so many Filipino males exhibit.

As I'm well aware this is all generalisation, your mileage may vary.

#5 pinkaholic

pinkaholic
  • Inactive Member
  • 26 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 4 topics

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

How about 2 & 3 as answers together....We talk about it and make a decision. If it is the one she wants, that is the end of it. If it isn't she gets stubborn and does not listen...hehe

i like your answer!hehehe. it reminds me of my boyfriend. when we we're in bohol riding a motorcycle he got too sweat and i ask him to let me wipe his back and put a small towel on it but he refused it. and then i pretended that i am mad and didn't listen when he tried to talk to me. few minutes later, he got the towel and and wipe his back and he said, if i don't do this you will tell me i am stubborn and will get mad at me so til now maam you are my boss! hahaha.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Hero

#6 cagayanstar

cagayanstar
  • Sponsor
  • 187 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • 3 topics

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

i like your answer!hehehe. it reminds me of my boyfriend. when we we're in bohol riding a motorcycle he got too sweat and i ask him to let me wipe his back and put a small towel on it but he refused it. and then i pretended that i am mad and didn't listen when he tried to talk to me. few minutes later, he got the towel and and wipe his back and he said, if i don't do this you will tell me i am stubborn and will get mad at me so til now maam you are my boss! hahaha.

Hmmmmmm...the Norwegian guy? :cool_01:

Wives are submissive as long as their husbands are treating them right.
But if they don't maybe something is wrong with the relationship.
If she starts being stubborn and hard headed, and keep saying no time to sit down and talk.
Assessing what's wrong.

Edited by cagayanstar, 02 February 2009 - 07:44 PM.

#7 Bob Ward

Bob Ward

Talisay Rocks

• Banned
  • 4,783 posts
  • 1186 thanks
  • 211 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

What Missy says is very true. Especially about the Norwegian. :wt-hell:

Now seriously, submissive is such a relative term. If two people are mutually respectful and there is a common ground of give and take, then submissive is as natural as flowing water, on either ones part.

Then there is the simple girl from the province who has no idea how to navigate the world of the foreigner. So she is quite submissive because she has little knowledge to be able to make a stand against a foreigner. BUT she will learn, mark my word.

It boils down to education and upbringing coupled with baser instincts in her personality. If you treat a woman with respect and love, she will most likely be submissive because she trusts you. Trust is a KEY factor

Edited by Bob Ward, 02 February 2009 - 08:37 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
towboat72

#8 pinkaholic

pinkaholic
  • Inactive Member
  • 26 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 4 topics

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Hmmmmmm...the Norwegian guy? :wt-hell:

Wives are submissive as long as their husbands are treating them right.
But if they don't maybe something is wrong with the relationship.
If she starts being stubborn and hard headed, and keep saying no time to sit down and talk.
Assessing what's wrong.

yes the Norwegian guy :D well, i am just doing my part as his girlfriend taking care of him like a baby but he is shy of that when people see me wiping his sweaty back and face. hehehe. back to the topic, i am one of the submissive girlfriend/wife (to be maybe sooner) my boyfriend can attest that. :P :wink:

#9 The Mason

The Mason
  • Sponsor
  • 1,108 posts
  • 448 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

I think submissive is the wrong word here, it has too many negative connontations. I think a better question would have been, is your wife deferential? My wife is not a submissive woman, but she does defer to my judgement on many matters. When it comes to running the household, she is definitely in charge and does not even ask my opinion, let alone defer to it. However, when it comes to other matters such as where and how we'll live, she does defer to me.

I think if you want a woman that will respect you and adhere to more traditional gender roles, most Filipinas fit that description. If you want a submissive woman that will simply do as she's told, I don't think the average Filipina is the right woman for that.

Thanked by 1 Member:
towboat72

#10 cagayanstar

cagayanstar
  • Sponsor
  • 187 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • 3 topics

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

yes the Norwegian guy :D well, i am just doing my part as his girlfriend taking care of him like a baby but he is shy of that when people see me wiping his sweaty back and face. hehehe. back to the topic, i am one of the submissive girlfriend/wife (to be maybe sooner) my boyfriend can attest that. :P :wink:

Seems a typical Filipina way of showing care though.

I am having headaches. :wt-hell:

Edited by cagayanstar, 03 February 2009 - 12:20 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
DealChief

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea