b7335920

Ayala panhandler losing weight

67 posts in this topic

This guy has been mentioned many times in threads before (grey hair , southern twang , medium build) . Usually starts conversation with "are you an american" or something similar . Hes lost a noticable amount of weight since i saw him last . If youve wanted to give him a donation , plane ticket , jeepnie fare , ect , and havent got the chance to do so , hes stationed under the overpass near ayala that runs into escario . I was trying to flag a mororbike or taxi so didnt have time to contribute or chat

Buy him a sandwich, zero chance the the donation will go for drugs or alcohol.

Class act by a friend of ours several years ago as we were leaving a pizza place in Brooklyn a bum hit him up for money -- he took the guy inside & bought him a slice of pizza & coke.

Dose he accept Western Union? If so need his name and preferred location :)

1 person likes this

I no longer see him inside Ayala Mall but on the streets of downtown.

They say the shabu diet sure is effective. 

6 people like this

Would someone please snap a pic of our friend.. and post here.    I believe I have seen him. not sure if its the same fella we are chatting about.     I care not to pass judgement on the guy.. as I think we are all just steps away from being exactly in his shoes..  its just that we need to plan and work things out so that if that we have a plan B .. C  D E and F..  in order not to be there.. I'm currently myself on about plan C /D...   :)     

2 people like this

I no longer see him inside Ayala Mall but on the streets of downtown.

have seen him twice in SM City within a month. he really lost weight. last  time he just bought a package of bred sticks or something similar at French Baker

So he's on a French Baker budget ..not a Julie 's budget ..

Can't be that broke !

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

3 people like this

Saw him yesterday at SM City. As he approached us he started pointing to his left wrist, (his MO is to ask for the time). I just said I've heard your story before and kept walking. I did notice he smiled as I said this in passing like yeah...you got me.

Next time I'll ask him to pose for a photo. Better yet I'll take him to Thanksgiving dinner and introduce him around...gotta be a Forum member!

1 person likes this

Would someone please snap a pic of our friend.. and post here.    I believe I have seen him. not sure if its the same fella we are chatting about.     I care not to pass judgement on the guy.. as I think we are all just steps away from being exactly in his shoes..  its just that we need to plan and work things out so that if that we have a plan B .. C  D E and F..  in order not to be there.. I'm currently myself on about plan C /D...   :)     

Ya all jokes aside i agree many of us are closer than we think . That being said the ayala guy has been at this awhile . And he looks clean and dont slur his words , ect . You gotta wonder what the situation is . My guess is he has a minimal pension and this is a supplement . He dont have an aura of desperation buy maybe hes just puttin up a good front pride wise . I cant imagine panhandling alone has kept him afloat this long . But he has lost a lot of weight