Jump to content
Jawny

Gun shop recommendations in Cebu (assistance with LTOPF and gun permit)

Recommended Posts

Kabisay-an gid    3,905
6 hours ago, Jawny said:

The saga continues.  After completing all requirements and having the "package" sent to Camp Crame for final approval, the next step is to pay the fee for the LTOPF.  Waited, waited, and finally after ten weeks, contacted the Tacloban PNP.  "Didn't you get the text message?"  

The PNP had sent a text message, but to the incorrect number. 

Instead of just giving the information over the phone or using email, I was was necessary to return to Tacloban once more to personally sign for the assigned number to be used when paying the fee. 

Fee got paid today.  Supposedly the next step is to be notified the LTOPF is available for pickup.  Again, has to be in person.

oh, btw, this is only the LTOPF. The permit for the weapon will expire soon and that has to be processed as well.  

So much fun!

Foreigners can legally possess/purchase/own firearms now? Or is the LTOPF in your wife's name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jawny    3,075
8 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Foreigners can legally possess/purchase/own firearms now? Or is the LTOPF in your wife's name?

The only thing that has changed is the process of the permits.  As well, the number of guns that can be owned has changed depending upon the status of the applicant.  Two steps forward, one (or two) steps back.  For instance, the PNP has some sort of online system, but no clear guidance on how it is to be used.  They post various boastful videos and such about the system, but fail to explain how it is to be used.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
easy44    5,217
3 minutes ago, Jawny said:

The only thing that has changed is the process of the permits.  As well, the number of guns that can be owned has changed depending upon the status of the applicant.  Two steps forward, one (or two) steps back.  For instance, the PNP has some sort of online system, but no clear guidance on how it is to be used.  They post various boastful videos and such about the system, but fail to explain how it is to be used.  

So what you are saying is nothing has changed regarding the ownership of guns by foreigners?  Still not allowed? You kinda skipped by that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieLex    1,069
17 minutes ago, easy44 said:

nothing has changed regarding the ownership of guns by foreigners

Got it in one ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny    3,075

Sorry, I thought it might be useful for members to know something about the process for having a firearm.  I'm not trying to create confusion.  The PNP does a good job of that.  Guns ownership rules have remained the same.  It is the processing that has changed as well as the number of guns different permits will allow.

Foreigners cannot register firearms by use of an LTOPF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+RogerDuMond    9,353
21 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Sorry, I thought it might be useful for members to know something about the process for having a firearm.  I'm not trying to create confusion.  The PNP does a good job of that.  Guns ownership rules have remained the same.  It is the processing that has changed as well as the number of guns different permits will allow.

Foreigners cannot register firearms by use of an LTOPF

 

It is a lot easier to have someone from the PNP do it for you if you can. That being said, the process has changed and is much more straight forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny    3,075

In the past, an LTOPF could be gotten without ever having stepped into a police facility. The entire process could have been faked (the neuro/psycho exam, the gun safety seminar, the drug test). 

Now, the exams are conducted by the PNP examiners. So, even if a gun shop,or someone in the PNP wanted to "assist" the applicant still had to make a personal visit to be examined.  

There were some reductions in paperwork such as clearances.  In the past it was the barangay, the municipality, the PNP, the courts etc who all had a chop on the process.  Much less of that now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Donation Goals

    General Donation Fund

    A single donation fund, for costs associated with the forum, including licensing renewals, site hosting, and application costs. The site was just transferred to a new VPN, offering more resources and speed.



    $48.25 of $1,800.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Donation Stats

    • Total Donations
      $48.25
    • Total Fees
      $1.75
    • Total Goals
      $1,800.00
    • Still Needed
      $1,751.75

    • $48.25 of $1,800.00 goal reached.
  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×