Davaoeno

Child Abuse in Davao

15 posts in this topic

sick people, makes you wonder what sort of people your friend or neighbor really is if this is so common when you read this stuff? I heard about a guy he looked perfectly normal, about 30,, a few days ago who was busted going to the USA to meet an undercover. He was going to pay $200 or something to have sex with a six year old boy.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around on this issue. Of course, those who supply and demand this stuff are guilty of crimes and are the ones who make the headlines. But then, there is a whole invisible world of facilitators. Internet providers that transmit the criminal material; internet ad companies, search engines, social media and dating sites that offer up the means to find and access the stuff; and financial institutions that move money for the transactions to occur - they all can't be entirely in the dark about what's going on. 

I'm just guessing there is a whole lot of money to be made by a lot of middle-men beyond those who supply the online crap. 

As for the stuff that's not online - bars, massage parlors, and sweatshops seem to be just some of the obvious venues where victims end up in the developed countries. And let us not forget Weinergate ...

Edited by rainymike
1 person likes this

As far as I can tell, this article is about in-person prostitution of children. Although, as Davaoeno pointed out, they did make one obscure remark trying to link foreigners to the problem, the perps, customers and victims in this story are ALL Filipinos. In the neighborhood where my wife grew up, the were several brothels ... some with underage sex workers. All of the owners, customers and sex workers were Filipino. To deny that there is a huge problem in the Philippines (even without a single foreigner being involved), is just a way for politicians to try to shift blame. I'm not saying that there are no foreign customers (and even perps) involved in underage prostitution, but the vast majority of the problem in home-grown. Corrupt politicians have no incentive to end the practice of recruiting underage girls (and boys) into prostitution when they are profiting from it, and in some cases controlling it. It is easier for them to always link the problem to foreigners, who have no way of defending themselves, than to name people in the local community, who have many ways of retaliating.

2 people like this

Sarcasm on:
As long child marriage is legal in islamic countries and Turkey now also changes its law so child marriage becomes legal there - I still dont understand why people still use Online webcams or fly to asia ...
Sarcasm Off

"Honkey tonk club" ..? That's a new word to some of us, I'd think ..