• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CARHARTTBOB

WHERE TO GET GOOD QUALITY KITCHEN CABINETS.

10 posts in this topic

I'M REMODELING OUR KITCHEN AND WANTED TO INSTALL SOME NICE KITCHEN CABINETS AND COUNTERTOPS. I HAVE NOTICED THAT ALOT OF THE HOMES BUILT IN RECENT YEARS HAVE CABINETS THAT ARE SIMILAR TO NEW HOMES IN THE U.S. ALSO, I WOULD ALSO BE INTERESTED IN CONSTRUCTION OF SWIMMING POOLS AND THE PLUMBING, PUMPS ETC. OUR HOME IS LOCATED IN BARILI AREA. ANY INFORMATION ON THESE ITEMS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. ^_^

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON KITCHEN CABINETS? FOUND A POST ON SWIMMING POOLS THAT WAS VERY GOOD, BUT NO INFORMATION ON CEBU CONTRACTORS OR PLACES TO GET MATERIALS. :lol:

my suggestion is to have them hand made by local craftsmen, Jonje who posts here can help you out I can pass your details to him if you PM me

James

Be sure they use kiln dried lumber for the cabinets or you will not be happy when they start to shrink, crack and warp. Sun dried lumber is not good enough.

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON KITCHEN CABINETS? FOUND A POST ON SWIMMING POOLS THAT WAS VERY GOOD, BUT NO INFORMATION ON CEBU CONTRACTORS OR PLACES TO GET MATERIALS. :cool_01:

Regards kitchen cabinets, I agree with James I haven't seen any "off the shelf type kitchen cabinets" or any companies that specialize in Kitchens, I have personally fitted four kitchens at my own place, one in our own house and one in each of our apartments, I made the carcasses and simply added panelled doors, for the wall cabinets you can buy the same style doors but made with glazing bar so glass can be added this style of door can be purchased at most of the larger hardware stores, you can easily add crown style mouldings if required, in one of the kitchens I used a granite worktop, that is heavy stuff, the others I just tiled the work surfaces. so look around for a good carpenter

John

I just tiled the work surfaces. so look around for a good carpenter

John

I think he just did.

First thing is to find a good carpenter, with experience. We made all our own cabinets. Used 3/4 plyboard put together with Brads. Finished with Granite top, used a Router and did some crown Moulding. 1/8 in. glass also. Used Concrete or tile on the bottom, watch out for termites. The plyboard they have now is too soft inside, i would use ordinary plywood. When you buy it go yourself and pick it out. Used some till on top in the dirty Kitchen. Hope this gives you a little insight. Mello

my suggestion is to have them hand made by local craftsmen, Jonje who posts here can help you out I can pass your details to him if you PM me

James

Agree with James I would drop Jonje a line..

Jonje also makes reproduction furniture and is the preferred cabinet maker for the developers in Phase 8 Maria Louisa, his work is beyond account and considering my hard to please attitude he comes well suggested, also his mother makes a great chicken curry but thats by the way

james

will you both stop name dropping hahaha. so where is the other matt here the gay one. :any-help:

if any of you need anything just pm me or you can email me at jonjie@gmail.com