Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeV

Real printed copy of Conversational English-Cebuano Made Easy

11 posts in this topic

If anyone wants the real paperback edition of Cristina S Canonigo's Conversational English-Cebuano Made Easy, there is a new one available on Amazon for $25 (sorry, I just bought the only used one there for $11.91 + shipping), and there are three used copies available at Ebay & Abebooks for $18.xx (several more sellers are also offering it for extortionary prices on Abebooks .... ptui on that!).

Just noticed several more used & new copies in Amazon from $14.49.  This search by ISBN will find all of them:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=9715980082

Be careful if you use 1-click -- only a third of them are reasonably priced.

Edited by MikeV

I got one, 2004 addition, at National book store for P 75.   I would try NBS first now U got the name and ISBN it should only take an hour for them to find it.

Edited by RogerDat
2 people like this

If anyone wants the real paperback edition of Cristina S Canonigo's Conversational English-Cebuano Made Easy, there is a new one available on Amazon for $25 (sorry, I just bought the only used one there for $11.91 + shipping), and there are three used copies available at Ebay & Abebooks for $18.xx (several more sellers are also offering it for extortionary prices on Abebooks .... ptui on that!).

Those are NOT her newest copies. 2004 was, and still is.

The reason she did not update it after 2004, was due to National Bookstore changing the agreement between them and the authors. They would take a much higher percentage of any new books being introduced.

She should look at self-publishing through Amazon.  They will sell both electronic (Kindle) and printed copies.

She should look at self-publishing through Amazon.  They will sell both electronic (Kindle) and printed copies.

I have exclusive rights for electronically transmitted copies.

I have exclusive rights for electronically transmitted copies.

Then replace "She" with "You".  They will print on demand, usually trade paperback size.

Personally I almost never buy electronic copies when hard copies are available.

I got one, 2004 addition, at National book store for P 75.   I would try NBS first now U got the name and ISBN it should only take an hour for them to find it.

I sent them a note, also about a Tagalog frequency count (Curtis D. McFarland's A Frequency Count of Pilipino) I've been trying to get since January.

(Before anyone jumps into Google to help search for the frequency count:  The copy at U of Philippines/Dilliman was checked out & not returned a couple years ago, and Mary Martin Booksellers of Singapore can't deliver it.  I've been in touch with both the author & publisher, no luck, only 300 copies existed to start with.  If you can find a copy in a library & make a copy for me, I will pay!  :D  I have a list of U.S. univeristy libraries that have, keeping thinking about putting an ad in Craigs List to get a local student to copy it for me.)

Edited by MikeV

Personally I almost never buy electronic copies when hard copies are available.

Most people do, though, nowadays.

I am not interested in dealing with Amazon.

Most people do, though, nowadays.

That does not appear to be the case.

NY Times: The Plot Twist: E-Book Sales Slip, and Print Is Far From Dead

UK Guardian:  Ebook sales falling for the first time, finds new report

There are two big issues from my perspective:

1.  Besides PDF's there are ~5 proprietary formats for eBooks.

2.  Maintaining my collection as each laptop is replaced every 2-4 years and preserving them over hard disk crashes.  Presently now my digital world is spread out on 4 laptops & an iPhone plus a a few backup drives..

If I need a book, I just go to the right bookshelf & it's almost always there.  If not, Amazon can have a copy on my front porch in 2 days.

That does not appear to be the case.

I'm glad you are an expert on my eBooks sales. Thanks for letting me know that. You know, I see a lot of your posts on this site. You seem to know everything about everything. I'm glad you are here to educate us all.

If you wish to buy soft cover or hard cover, that's fine with me. But, I doubt very seriously, you will ever be able to carry with you tens of thousands of those books with you, as you can in modern day readers.

=============================================

Lastly, when you wish to buy the correct "newest" version of Cristina's book - in softcover, you need to look for one that looks like this:

english_cebuano_made_easy.jpg

I only initially posted in this thread to correct your misinformation.
I am done with this thread. Edited by Paul
2 people like this