JamesMusslewhite

New Boat Build Project - (Totally Rebuilding an Older Boat)

1 hour ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

Thank you for the link, it is well worth bookmarking. I have always wanted to build a 3/4 size PT hull design pleasure boat.The boat was perfect for use in the islands and earned the reputation of being very dependable. The PT boat earned the name 'devil boat' by the Japs because they said that when you thought the sea was too rough for boats to operate, was when the 'devil boat' attacks. Most PT boats where 76-84 feet in length so a 3/4 would be around 55-60 feet. You could have a comfortable living space similar to that of a travel trailer, even after accounting for motor compartment, crew quarters, Bridge and galley. It would be like a floating hotel room and one could comfortably live almost full-time on such a boat. Add a jet ski, inflatable dinghy and motor 'Vespa' style scooter and you could really explore and enjoy these islands. 

Yeah, and if you mount a couple of twin 50's on the deck, you probably won't have to worry about kidnappers either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Headshot said:

Yeah, and if you mount a couple of twin 50's on the deck, you probably won't have to worry about kidnappers either.

Or drop a couple big diesels in the engine compartment.... they can't kidnap yah if they can't catch yah...  :biggrin_01:

20920593_8_l.jpg

When I was around 13-14 years old I built one of the old wooden models. Then while watching the old McHale's Navy TV shows I started thinking about incorporating the two designs together. A sixty to sixty-five footer with all the comforts and amenities of condo could be built for the price of an average 4-bedroom house here which you would never have full-title. If the old lady and her family gets too damn big for their britches?

Well you can just raise the anchor, give the international sign language for ''Your All Number One!'' and then simply move to where there are better neighbors.  

2 hours ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

When I was around 13-14 years old I built one of the old wooden models.

Sheesh, and to think, during those years I was getting laid.  Yeah, you won that one James. :mellow:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skywalker said:

Sheesh, and to think, during those years I was getting laid.  Yeah, you won that one James. :mellow:

Yep, nothing impresses the ladies like a big piece of well sculptured wood... :biggrin_01:

• Commercial Banner Advertisers

• Adsbygoogle

Advert