Davaoeno

selling a house in the Philippines

cebubird    5,227

From a couple of replies seems like maybe op must have been pointed at me.

Aerosick and ex231 sort of hit the nail on the head. pea-sized lots with pea-sized 'barbie doll" houses aren't for everyone. We did not build with even the tiniest thought of making a profit whenever we sold. I understand VERY WELL how things are.

LOL-yeah would make a lot of "sense" let somebody move in who could only come up with 9/10k, and "hope" we can get 1350 a month and we're 12,000 miles away..

At any rate, as I said- I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SOLD!!!!  I am perfectly content to keep it. Iam frustrated tired of BS-ESPECIALLY from foreigners.

• Like 3

ex231    3,773

So why do homes like you mentioned above do not sell quickly? Again, it's all about location, location, location and appeal, let alone conveniences nearby!

Good point. How many years did it take for your subdivision to sell out?

NOSOCALPINOY    1,859

From a couple of replies seems like maybe op must have been pointed at me.

Aerosick and ex231 sort of hit the nail on the head. pea-sized lots with pea-sized 'barbie doll" houses aren't for everyone. We did not build with even the tiniest thought of making a profit whenever we sold. I understand VERY WELL how things are.

LOL-yeah would make a lot of "sense" let somebody move in who could only come up with 9/10k, and "hope" we can get 1350 a month and we're 12,000 miles away..

At any rate, as I said- I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SOLD!!!!  I am perfectly content to keep it. Iam frustrated tired of BS-ESPECIALLY from foreigners.

And do you find it fair to criticize or make fun of those who live in pea-sized lots with pea-sized "barbie doll" houses? 

I did not see any of the threads pointed at you, especially mine! 

NOSOCALPINOY    1,859

Good point. How many years did it take for your subdivision to sell out?

Our subdivision came in 2 phases, because phase 1 sold out in just a few years and phase 2 sold out just a fast, because it's all about location, location, location and all of the conveniences nearby!  

cebubird    5,227

And do you find it fair to criticize or make fun of those who live in pea-sized lots with pea-sized "barbie doll" houses? 

I did not see any of the threads pointed at you, especially mine! 

"criticize or make fun"  ???--HUH!!! Who have I criticized? Guess your reading comprehension is lacking.

BTW, do you live in one of the type places ex231 was talking about??

• Like 1

delancey    996

Their was not a hint of negativity in the original post. We have the collective ability here to start a post in Disneyland and turn into Dracula's Castle. It's almost an art form.

• Like 10

aussiekangaroo    278

I own 8 condo units and while I started with just 1 unit and 500,000 down 3 years ago I have already paid off 5.8 million in that small time. I would never have been able to achieve this or even bothered if I would have had to pay a large downpayment like what some (cough) is advertised at.

• Like 10

sugbu777    2,185

:popcorn:

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz    24,075

At any rate, as I said- I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SOLD!!!! I am perfectly content to keep it. Iam frustrated tired of BS-ESPECIALLY from foreigners.

hold onto that thought.

however since you mentioned it, i guess it's ok for others to give their opinions.  your house looks fantastic, it's well built and the location may be suitable for quite a few who wish to be in that area.  what i suggest is, try not to be so antagonistic in your efforts to sell.  if you draw a line in the sand with such over the top declarations like above, then don't be surprised if potential buyers are put off.  the only "BS" so far i've seen is you declaring you don't care if it's sold. if that's true then pull your ad and keep the house.    

• Like 12