Davaoeno

selling a house in the Philippines

AND appears to have speed up the arrival of their first stroke!

my house has evolved it now has 3 separate units each with its own kitchens  bottom two floors rented for 25.500 a month and 3rd floor is almost done and will be rented for 20,000 month and both come with fiber internet and hot water.... so your piece of string changes with time

• Like 3

The longer they have been squatting there the harder it is to get them legally removed,

Agree.

Put in a dining room like this one from Fashion House Versace.

attachicon.gifversacedining.jpg

Yup, the dining room that never gets used ^_^

• Like 1

Yup, the dining room that never gets used ^_^

We have an open-plan living/dining room in our home, but the dining room portion is where our family gets together all the time. In fact, the only room in the house that gets more heavily used is the kitchen, but that isn't so much for gatherings. If we have a really big gathering, then we set up tables and seating on the balcony or in the family room or both.

• Like 1

I financed the wife to buy the available lot 2 down from her parents house. The house was decrepit and there were squatters. The seller felt good about the lot returning it to the original family ownership. Wife's family is large. The mayors from time to time have been her family. I stipulated that the the decrepit house be torn down and the squatters vacated. She stated that yes they would be paid and vacated. The old lady seller made good , even to the point of hauling away most of the debris of the old house. After the deal was done I went up to her to offer a friendly handshake but all I got was a dirty look.

Now the lot sits empty, walled and gated, but for about 4 weeks every Easter season. The fiesta for the patron saint, comes to town which means hundreds of itinerant vendors take their places lining the little street, virtually blocking motor car traffic. The fire department truck and headquarters is there too which is to say they are blocked in as well. My wife rents out the lot to an amusements vendor who puts a merry go round. Pays the taxes, maintainence and some little tips for the go betweens and some merienda for the parents.

Edited by RayJ