• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davaoeno

selling a house in the Philippines

146 posts in this topic

great information

2 people like this

great information

ditto

Could U give some advise regarding building your house in the best locations in case U decide to sell a decade later ?

thanks... 

1 person likes this

Davaoeno's OP is the reality of things that does occur to those who overbuilds and in a not so nice location! It comes with the territory, especially here in the Philippines! It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!

Davaoeno's OP is the reality of things that does occur to those who overbuilds and in a not so nice location! It comes with the territory, especially here in the Philippines! It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!

Not so nice location??? I can see you've never been to Argao, huh !!!

2 people like this

NOSOCALPINOY, on 24 Jul 2015 - 07:41 AM, said: Davaoeno's OP is the reality of things that does occur to those who overbuilds and in a not so nice location! It comes with the territory, especially here in the Philippines! It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!  

Not so nice location??? I can see you've never been to Argao, huh !!!

Did I mention any specific locations in my thread? No I did not! So, don't get so defensive and start something out of it on here! :idontknow:  

2 people like this

It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!

Exactly! And although it might appeal to some, a Barbie Doll size house on a postage stamp size lot in a subdivision for a minimum of 2 million p more wouldn't interest me at all. I'd go for the cheaper western style house with a pool on a decent size lot surrounded by a wall all day long.

As for the sales terms if all the perspective buyer could scratch up for a down payment was $9,000 I'd be very skeptical about him being willing and able to make $1350 per month strokes for 5 years.

Sure, it takes the right buyer to purchase any house but I don't think a potential buyer that has liquidated his assets in another country and having $80k in his pocket is like finding a unicorn. Sure there are lots of foreigners here that don't have that kind of money and probably a lot of the ones that don't, don't have $1350 a month for a house payment either.

7 people like this

Exactly! And although it might appeal to some, a Barbie Doll size house on a postage stamp size lot in a subdivision for a minimum of 2 million p more wouldn't interest me at all. I'd go for the cheaper western style house with a pool on a decent size lot surrounded by a wall all day long.

As for the sales terms if all the perspective buyer could scratch up for a down payment was $9,000 I'd be very skeptical about him being willing and able to make $1350 per month strokes for 5 years.

Sure, it takes the right buyer to purchase any house but I don't think a potential buyer that has liquidated his assets in another country and having $80k in his pocket is like finding a unicorn. Sure there are lots of foreigners here that don't have that kind of money and probably a lot of the ones that don't, don't have $1350 a month for a house payment either.

So why do homes like you mentioned above do not sell quickly? Again, it's all about location, location, location and appeal, let alone conveniences nearby! 

The OP had some great advice and was not addressing any particular piece of property in general. Take it for what it was meant. :twocents:

Now I'll sit back and watch the show :popcorn:

Edited by sugbu777
5 people like this