• Announcements

• Paul

New Members' Forum   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Enuff

Balikbayan Boxes very cheap from East Coast USA

80 posts in this topic

I found a company in Bergenfield, NJ called RDR Cargo doing BB Boxes for $35 to the Visayas. Box size is 28" x 18" x 17" ($4.00 from them)

They have to be dropped off at their location, but you can drop at others for a little more.   http://www.rdrcargo.net/

They work with LCSN Express Movers Inc. and are accredited with DTI.

I'm sending out 2 test boxes on 1/17/2015

Will post the progress, or lack thereof

RDR Cargo/Bergenfield, NJ (drop off)

$35.00 Bergenfield, NJ to Liloan, Cebu

$  4.00 box (28" x 17" x 18" = 4.9 cft)

$39.00 total ($7.90 per cft)

4 people like this

so I shipped 2 bb boxes today $70 ($35 each). $8 for boxes ($4 each) and $5 for tape & marker. each box weight over 60 lbs

will include tracking once its moving

2 people like this

LATEST BUSINESS NEWS

By Louella D. Desiderio | Updated January 18, 2015 - 12:00am

The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has blacklisted 54 foreign sea freight forwarders amid complaints about balikbayan boxes.

DTI blacklists 54 foreign sea freight forwarders

By Louella D. Desiderio (The Philippine Star) Updated January 18, 2015 - 12:00am
 0  2 googleplus0  0 

port-congestion-GEN4.jpg

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has blacklisted 54 foreign sea freight forwarders amid complaints about balikbayan boxes.

According to Trade Undersecretary Victorio Mario Dimagiba, the DTI has blacklisted 54 foreign freight forwarders or consolidators from Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East and the US due to pending complaints on undelivered balikbayan boxes as of Jan. 9.

The list of blacklisted freight forwarders can be viewed on the DTI website: www.dti.gov.ph.

Balikbayan boxes are not usually delivered when foreign consolidators or principal sea freight forwarders fail to remit a portion of the collected charges to their accredited Philippine agents or local sea freight forwarders.

“When necessary funds are not remitted to accredited Philippine agents or local freight forwarders, the shipment or the balikbayan boxes with the Bureau of Customs will not be released and will not be delivered to consignees or recipients,” Dimagiba said.

Based on the DTI’s records, there are some incidents of undelivered balikbayan boxes involving freight forwarding companies with accreditation.

Business ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

As such, the DTI has revoked the accreditation of firms involved in those incidents such as D’Winner Logistics Phils. Inc. and Globalnet International Freight, Inc.

The DTI is also working on the recall of the accreditation given to Steadfast Air-Sea International Inc., together with its licensed customs broker Victorino C. Guilles Jr., for abandoning a shipment consigned to it.

The DTI is implementing an accreditation scheme for sea freight forwarding companies to ensure that only qualified firms can engage in such business.

“The accreditation scheme helps professionalize the freight forwarding industry and the DTI will continue to strictly implement its criteria to weed out those companies that are not qualified to engage in this business,” Dimagiba said.

As of Jan. 9, the DTI has issued accreditation certificates to 664 sea freight forwarders, of which 57 are engaged in handling balikbayan box shipments.

To avoid incidents of undelivered balikbayan boxes, the DTI is reminding the public to deal only with accredited firm

Edited by smokey

The DTI site says 20-25 days US-Visayas. That's funny stuff. I'm still waiting on my AIR CARGO pouch that was sent Dec 22. 

I found a company in Bergenfield, NJ called RDR Cargo doing BB Boxes for $35 to the Visayas. Box size is 28" x 18" x 17" ($4.00 from them)

They have to be dropped off at their location, but you can drop at others for a little more.   http://www.rdrcargo.net/

They work with LCSN Express Movers Inc. and are accredited with DTI.

I'm sending out 2 test boxes on 1/17/2015

Will post the progress, or lack thereof

RDR Cargo/Bergenfield, NJ (drop off)

$35.00 Bergenfield, NJ to Liloan, Cebu

$  4.00 box (28" x 17" x 18" = 4.9 cft)

$39.00 total ($7.90 per cft)

That price is unbelievable, costs us $100 to send that size box from Cincinnati.

LATEST BUSINESS NEWS

By Louella D. Desiderio | Updated January 18, 2015 - 12:00am

The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has blacklisted 54 foreign sea freight forwarders amid complaints about balikbayan boxes.

DTI blacklists 54 foreign sea freight forwarders

By Louella D. Desiderio (The Philippine Star) Updated January 18, 2015 - 12:00am
 0  2 googleplus0  0 

port-congestion-GEN4.jpg

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has blacklisted 54 foreign sea freight forwarders amid complaints about balikbayan boxes.

According to Trade Undersecretary Victorio Mario Dimagiba, the DTI has blacklisted 54 foreign freight forwarders or consolidators from Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East and the US due to pending complaints on undelivered balikbayan boxes as of Jan. 9.

The list of blacklisted freight forwarders can be viewed on the DTI website: www.dti.gov.ph.

Balikbayan boxes are not usually delivered when foreign consolidators or principal sea freight forwarders fail to remit a portion of the collected charges to their accredited Philippine agents or local sea freight forwarders.

“When necessary funds are not remitted to accredited Philippine agents or local freight forwarders, the shipment or the balikbayan boxes with the Bureau of Customs will not be released and will not be delivered to consignees or recipients,” Dimagiba said.

Based on the DTI’s records, there are some incidents of undelivered balikbayan boxes involving freight forwarding companies with accreditation.

Business ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

As such, the DTI has revoked the accreditation of firms involved in those incidents such as D’Winner Logistics Phils. Inc. and Globalnet International Freight, Inc.

The DTI is also working on the recall of the accreditation given to Steadfast Air-Sea International Inc., together with its licensed customs broker Victorino C. Guilles Jr., for abandoning a shipment consigned to it.

The DTI is implementing an accreditation scheme for sea freight forwarding companies to ensure that only qualified firms can engage in such business.

“The accreditation scheme helps professionalize the freight forwarding industry and the DTI will continue to strictly implement its criteria to weed out those companies that are not qualified to engage in this business,” Dimagiba said.

As of Jan. 9, the DTI has issued accreditation certificates to 664 sea freight forwarders, of which 57 are engaged in handling balikbayan box shipments.

To avoid incidents of undelivered balikbayan boxes, the DTI is reminding the public to deal only with accredited firm

luckily LCSN Express Movers is on the list of Accredited Door-to-Door Seafreight Forwarders as of Jan 16 2015

That price is unbelievable, costs us $100 to send that size box from Cincinnati.

I thought the same thing that's why im doing a test of 2 boxes. however I was quite impressed with the guy. he has a small store front and it was jam packed with bb boxes and TV's to be sent. he said he fills a container EVERY Monday. $33 to Luzon, $35 to visayas. box was very durable and bigger than I expected. I can probably stuff enough soap, deodorant, pancake mix & toothpaste for over a year in 1 box and still have room. when I move permanently im just gonna rent a uhaul, drop some boxes off in nj, turn truck in and catch a cab to jfk. easy peasy

1 person likes this

i spent months at the port almost every day and its crazy 100ss of forwarders some change their company names as fast as you can change your shirt.. i did see a few 40 footer containers full of BB boxes i was told that the forwarder did not receive the money to pay customs and the shipment would be sold at auction ..   our first forwarder actually had 3 company's... all in the same business all in the same office all with different business cards... reason being the port themselves will ban a company from entering and the guards will ask for id ... better to have a few on hand 

of course this will not stop me from using BB box shipping its just the cheapest way but i will try not to put high dollar stuff in the box if i can get it there another way 

Edited by smokey

They sound pretty good. RDR looks like mainly east coast :( I'd like to find a shipper like them in my hometown. Not happy with the unnamed local clowns here (no offense smokey) that I've been using.

I am all for saving a $ and appreciate the heads up!  But I have seen so much negativity of BB Box company's I will stay with LBC.  Whiner