#1 jazzy

jazzy
  • Elite Member
  • 172 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • 4 topics
  • Local time: 09:19 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:55 PM

Can anyone out there tell me the name of shops selling solar panels in Cebu City?

Thank you.

jazzy
  • celestialsolar likes this

#2 james

james

Lap Band Pioneer

• Inactive Member
  • 454 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 7 topics
  • Local time: 10:19 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

Can anyone out there tell me the name of shops selling solar panels in Cebu City?

Thank you.

jazzy

I would be interested as well, currently I am buying them from E Bay and shipping via the boxes to Cebu but to get them locally if the price was right would be great,

a slight angle change i made a solar hot water heating system from scratch via a 12 volt pump on E Bay cant wait till iot arrives in cebu in Decembers box to install.

James

#3 Bukwali

Bukwali
  • Elite Member
  • 599 posts
  • 32 thanks
  • 61 topics
  • Local time: 06:19 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:32 PM

Thank you.

jazzy

Hi Jazzy, I have been unable to find any here, I did meet a German Guy, who after searching around Cebu, ended up importing some from Australia, I also investigated buying some specialy designed aircon units that worked via an invertor from a solar system. but couldn't manage the funding required.

regards

John

#4 Bukwali

Bukwali
  • Elite Member
  • 599 posts
  • 32 thanks
  • 61 topics

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

I would be interested as well, currently I am buying them from E Bay and shipping via the boxes to Cebu but to get them locally if the price was right would be great,

a slight angle change i made a solar hot water heating system from scratch via a 12 volt pump on E Bay cant wait till iot arrives in cebu in Decembers box to install.
James

Hi James, As you have probably seen from my post, I was not sucessful in finding any solar panels in Cebu, thats not to say that they dont exist perhaps a deeper search or a trip to Manila would be more rewarding.

But I have neither the time or money at present lol,

But I do have a tremendous book telling all about design, calculations, and the instalation of solar powered systems, its very well written, my wife and I used it in Uganda to design and run our solar system, so maybe when you claim your cold beer, you can give it a browse

regards John

#5 james

james

Lap Band Pioneer

• Inactive Member
  • 454 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 7 topics
  • Local time: 10:19 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:31 PM

Hi James, As you have probably seen from my post, I was not sucessful in finding any solar panels in Cebu, thats not to say that they dont exist perhaps a deeper search or a trip to Manila would be more rewarding.

But I have neither the time or money at present lol,

But I do have a tremendous book telling all about design, calculations, and the instalation of solar powered systems, its very well written, my wife and I used it in Uganda to design and run our solar system, so maybe when you claim your cold beer, you can give it a browse

regards John

sounds good mate, the hot water system costs just a few thousand peso plus fitment of course, its home made, recycling along tubes on the roof in a glass panel, I used a 5w 12 volt lift pump from a caravan tank, it feeds to around 20 metres of pipework inside a homeade glass screen, back into a holding tank, the tank has feeds off for the pipework to the hotwater system, and an in feed from the mains via a ballcock valve. The whole thing recirculates the water into the tank all day whist the sun shines, providing hot water for washing up etc on demand,

I just have taken receipt of a second panel to start construction on solar powered fans for the study area, using 12 volt fans for the first trial and 240 volts via a box of tricks that converts.. the power, the aim to have fans that can run all day for free in my study.

bear in mind these are being made in the Uk and then shipped by me to work on further when I am in Cebu, nothing fancy, no major house systems, just small projects to make life more enjoyable, I also plan emergency 12 volt lights for the stairs etc using a leisure battery at a later date, panels allowing.

James

#6 stennis1

stennis1

Stennis1

• Inactive Member
  • 206 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 28 topics
  • Local time: 05:19 PM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

I only found them in Manila

http://www.solarbuzz...Philippines.htm

#7 Nangulo

Nangulo

I used to be confused, now I just don't know ...

• Elite Member
  • 1,058 posts
  • 187 thanks
  • 56 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

I'd be interested, too. Not only in the book but in the soalr panels for future installations. Here in Florida I had a 4500 watt solar system installed on my roof, connected to the grid. I make enough spare electricity that 6 months of the year I don't pay the utility co. Had solar water panels put on the back side so the setting sun heats them up.

We get so much sun over here that just goes to waste, I had to do something about it. I'm interested in doing the same for my next home in Cebu.

#8 Bukwali

Bukwali
  • Elite Member
  • 599 posts
  • 32 thanks
  • 61 topics

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:59 AM

I only found them in Manila

http://www.solarbuzz...Philippines.htm

Thanks Stennis, James for the Information, Perhaps If Jazzy and others are also agreeable I could open a new thread simply titled Solar or alternative Energy, this would allow for wider group participation and open the subject up to wind, water and mechanical alternatives.

What do you think?

Regards John

#9 Bet_Busta

Bet_Busta
  • Elite Member
  • 1,465 posts
  • 154 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:17 AM

Thanks Stennis, James for the Information, Perhaps If Jazzy and others are also agreeable I could open a new thread simply titled Solar or alternative Energy, this would allow for wider group participation and open the subject up to wind, water and mechanical alternatives.

What do you think?

Regards John

I fully agree on the opening of a new thread. The wisdom and experience of those who hve applied it will be of great help to us who's not into it. One question:

A lot of kids here, specially in rural areas, hunt bird with a slingshot with stones about a 3/4 of
an inch in diameter. Can the panels withstand the impact of this stones, say dropped 30 feet high?

Also in the old forum, there was a discussion of geothermal energy. Maybe it can be revived here.

#10 jazzy

jazzy
  • Elite Member
  • 172 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • 4 topics
  • Local time: 09:19 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:44 AM

Hi John and all

I think a new thread is called for as it is very TOPICAL. So here, here , John.

I hope that there will be installers available out there who really understand the workings of the solar panels.

jazzy

What do you think?

Regards John

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea