bargeman

UK Passport renewal from overseas.

Any Brits here needing to renew their UK passports should be prepared for along wait and incompetence.

After applying online and completing all the requirements, including payment,sent my daughters passport and required documents for renewal, by Fed Ex, to Liverpool UK passport office.

Duly received by them after 3 days on 03 July last.

After 6 weeks and no reply, contacted them by a long distance telephone call and after getting through all the "press this and that and hold", was told that there was a large backlog for issuing and renewal and to call back mid October.

Duly did so yesterday 22 October, only to be told now that my daughter, being over 18 and an adult, must call them and confirm details etc. before her new passport can be issued to an overseas citizen. 

When I asked" why during the 16 weeks of waiting, nobody contacted us by email, land line or cellphone to advise us of this requirement" I was politely told  " we are not allowed to discuss any details with anyone other than the applicant".

My daughter now has to call them and talk to the same arrogant individuals as I did.

So, to any would be UK passport renewals, be prepared for along wait and best to boost your patience levels when dealing with this totally incompetent Government Office.

EU citizens and illegals demanding their 'Human Right' to stay and be given a UK passport are given preference no doubt.!!!

Just another example of total incompetence in the  "Fallen Empire".

The entire passport situation is a shambles. I do question what the British Embassy actually does now? Passports, nope. Visas nope that's VFS that handles that. British Education & Business promotion, erm British Council do that. Consular services erm very limited services for a high price between the hours of 13:25 and 13:26 every second saturday (well okay, not quite but you know what I mean). Yet they have some of the largest and most impressive embassies around the world, with large houses for the Ambassadors and numerous support staff, and expensive armoured Range Rovers... What exactly are they doing? Well having encountered quite a few embassy staff in bars around the world, I get the impression that they drink for England...

• Like 3

and after getting through all the "press this and that and hold"

Do they make you choose a language as well? In the US, you have to "Press 1 for English". 

EU citizens and illegals demanding their 'Human Right' to stay and be given a UK passport are given preference no doubt.!!!

BINGO.

• Like 1

Well having encountered quite a few embassy staff in bars around the world, I get the impression that they drink for England...

And a damn fine job of it they do too.

• Like 1

Do they make you choose a language as well? In the US, you have to "Press 1 for English". 

Indeed they do.!!!!

• Like 1

Indeed they do.!!!!

Now, that is fecked up, for sure. 

What exactly are they doing? Well having encountered quite a few embassy staff in bars around the world, I get the impression that they drink for England...

In deed they do, with the British taxpayer picking up the tab!!!! through their massive expense allowances.

When they have had enough (or their liver gives out) and decide to 'retire from along and distinguished career in the Diplomatic Service' they then get handed an inflation proof pension.

Nice work if you can get it.

• Like 1

Now, that is fecked up, for sure. 

Millions spent every year on Interpreters in the courts to assist in their claim for asylum and represented by Civil Rights Lawyers funded by the very Government who are opposing their request and in government offices to help "UK (EU) citizens " with claims for Social Security benefits.

• Like 1

My son has just done his first adult passport renewal.

The online application was done on the 30th January 2015.

The various documents,photos etc were sent by DHL on the 5th February 2015.

Today @ 1100hrs, 27th February 2015, the new 10 year passport arrived on my doorstep.

A turnaround of three weeks from document dispatch to receiving the replacement passport is impressive.