Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

Attention Political Topics Posters / Supporters

31 posts in this topic

Cebu was in fact part of the Philippines, so that some what negates your comment.

Try to read my post again. I never said anything about Cebu NOT being part of the Philippines.

This forum is mainly about Cebu and other parts of the Philippines, providing a lively arena of discussion for expats living here..

and newbies thinking of retiring here.

That's the basic core and heart of the forum's very existence.

And that's why, to me anyway, it is THE BEST forum in south-east Asia.entertaining topics relevant to this part of the world.

miles-high likes this

Paul,

I have posted Topics of NEWS from GetRealPhilippines.com in the NEWS section, and never received any warnings that it was 'Political' and therefore in the Wrong Forum Section.

Yet MANY/Most of GetRealPhilippines.com Topics, do take a 'dig' at Philippine Politics and its politicians'!

But some GetRealPhilippines,com TOPICS might not mention any Politician, perhaps?

So do I read this as meaning,  I should NOT post to NEWS section, but to Political / Relgious & Debated Topics Forums

There a Sub Section in there for philippines-politics/

Any Chance of a Folder under that for GetRealPhilippines?

And if no Politician is mentioned (including if politician mention is positive - rare probably?), it could go in the usual 'Philippine NEWS'?

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Guys, this isn't rocket science. If it is a political topic, put it in the appropriate political forum. If it is a religious topic, or, perhaps a debated topic, then put it in that particular forum. 

• Ship sinks with all hands in Cebu Port - Philippines News
  • Obama visits Philippines - Philippines Politics
  • Obama visits the UK - UK Politics
  • Obama caught having sex with sheep on White House lawn, after visit to Wales - US Politics
  • Muslim shoots self in head after visit to strip bar - Religion
  • Do you think 9/11 was real or set up by the US Government - Debated Topic

Got it? I certainly hope so. Because, I am done with having to move, delete, or correct members who post these topics in the wrong forums.

Well...when one owns the ball he gets to call all the rules and the nuances ....could say a bunch more...but... :wave:

cebubird and Paul like this

While my computer is connected to three (3) 24” monitors and one (1) 55” TV, I can effectively read/write this forum on one (1) main 24” monitor.

Accordingly, I see 26 topics when I open the first page of this forum (http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/page/portal.html). If I am signed in, I would see about 5 to 10 US politics, religion and other debatable topics, plus or minus a few depending on the day. If I sign off, these are gone and I see 26 of those Philippine-related topics, which are very useful to living or visiting Cebu or the Philippines.

Since my “tax home” is in the US, I might be interested in reading some US national politics or news, however, I would not be interested in most regional or state politics, news, etc., nor do I have any plans whatsoever to move to any of the states in the mainland. Besides, I could read those on the WSJ online or other news without coming onto the “Living in Cebu forum”.

I do not know how many percent is non-US members but I am sure anyone from EU, UK, AU, NZ countries would not be too interested in what’s happening in KS, ND, SD politics, an escapee from AZ prison captured in ID or similar matters.

I could always be signed off not to read those topics, however, it is not convenient to do so if I were to respond to any of my kind of topics as I need to sign in and by doing so, some topics may be displaced off the screen.

Therefore, it is suggested that two (2) buttons created, perhaps Channels A and B, Channel A limiting to the topics pertinent to the “Living in Cebu Forums”, regardless of whether you are signed in or out. Alternatively, the forum could be limited to those US politics, news, religion, etc. which would affect the world in some ways, or those which have some financial, political, economical or similar impact, or some nexus to Cebu and the Philippines and its surrounding regions or countries.

Just my suggestions... :twocents: Thank you!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since it seems like a thread for clarification on what to past where, I'll ask here. With the recent changes in Philippines law, aren't there legal issues with discussing Philippines politics on a forum hosted in the Philippines, especially by non-citizens residing in the Philippines? Since GRP got brought up, I ought to mention that it looks like they may be TRYING to be a test case for the cybercrime law, as may be AntiPinoy. LinC, OTOH is mostly non-political. So does anyone know what the current situation is regarding this issue?

Therefore, it is suggested that two (2) buttons created, perhaps Channels A and B, Channel A limiting to the topics pertinent to the “Living in Cebu Forums”, regardless of whether you are signed in or out. Alternatively, the forum could be limited to those US politics, news, religion, etc. which would affect the world in some ways, or those which have some financial, political, economical or similar impact, or some nexus to Cebu and the Philippines and its surrounding regions or countries.

Brother, I put more time in on the site, every day, than I EVER thought I would - and I mean EVER, when I first started it. I have done ALL that I am going to do, in order to make everyone happy concerning those forums. If people wish to view them, they can load the category link. Alternatively, they may load the portal to view the most recent topics from those forums as well. 

If I had absolutely nothing better to do with my time, I could have set them up as I have the "hidden" forums, adding a permission mask to each account of those members who wish to view those forums. However, there are far too many members on this site for me to consider doing that. 

In your case, you would be better off clicking on "View New Content". You can set the parameters you wish, on the left side column on that page. ONLY topics from the Philippine Politics Forum will show up, if recent posts are made in that particular forum. 

This thread is to serve solely as notification for members to stop (immediately) from posting any politically oriented, or motivated topics elsewhere on this site, OTHER than in their respective forums. 

So, folks, while I appreciate your suggestions - I really do not wish to hear any further advice concerning Political, Religious, or Debated Topics. They are set the way they are going to be. As I have stated, if I do ANYTHING else with them, it will be to hit the delete button. Which, in all honesty, would be the fastest way to sort this issue. 

Now, people, please just follow this update concerning the rules and everything will fall into place. 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since it seems like a thread for clarification on what to past where, I'll ask here. With the recent changes in Philippines law, aren't there legal issues with discussing Philippines politics on a forum hosted in the Philippines, especially by non-citizens residing in the Philippines? Since GRP got brought up, I ought to mention that it looks like they may be TRYING to be a test case for the cybercrime law, as may be AntiPinoy. LinC, OTOH is mostly non-political. So does anyone know what the current situation is regarding this issue?

No, this isn't really the correct thread to do that in. However, I will address one thing you stated.

This forum is not now, nor has it ever been hosted on a server located within 6,000 miles of, or anywhere in the Philippines. Since it's inception, this website has always been hosted on a server located in or around the Dallas / Fort Worth area of Texas, in the USA. About one to one and a half years ago, I did relocate it to a new server, elsewhere in the US. Honestly, I do not recall which state the current server is even located in. It doesn't take much for anyone to find out, though. 

Edited by Paul

:frantic: Maybe have just one American political thread and call it ''We hate Obama''   then it can all be free up the main topic page..... :idontknow:

I think everyone pretty well knows I have no lost love for him. I certainly have no issues with "anti-Obama" threads. Furthermore, I do not wish to dictate what people can post in the political / religious / debated topic forums. I think everyone who posts in them pretty well keep the appropriate topics in each of those forums. 

HOWEVER, some members tend to post these topics as news items or off-topic posts / threads, when, in reality, they KNOW where the topics should be posted. I am merely letting them know to stay within the boundaries I gave them concerning those topics. Some members, for reasons unknown to me, seem to have drifted a bit and have been posting topics in in appropriate forums. 

I think now, people will stay on track. 

Mr. Mike and ozboy like this