Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

Attention Political Topics Posters / Supporters

31 posts in this topic

If you post ANY political topics in this forum, you will be warned for doing so the first time, and banned from the site upon repeating the offence. We have AMPLE political forums for you to post your topics in, without doing so here or in the Off-Topic forum, either. In fact, any forums, other than where specific political topics go, are off limits to those types of posts. I will not budge on this. I gave you political oriented guys what you wanted - your own forums to post your political views all you want. You have to keep in mind that a lot of other members do not wish to view these types of topics, or religion, or debated topics either, on this site.  

KEEP THOSE TOPICS IN THEIR APPROPRIATE FORUMS.

Political / Relgious & Debated Topics Forums

Perhaps I was not clear enough about this. Here is a hint. If your topic / post has ANY current or former politicians name in it, then it is a "political" post, or a "politically motivated" post. So, THAT should tell you where it should be posted  - ONLY in the political forums. Do NOT post those types of posts or topics elsewhere on this site. If so, your stay will be short. The general membership is tired of seeing those types of posts splattered all over the forums.

Edited by Paul
13 people like this

People, if you post your political views elsewhere on this site, OTHER than in the political forums, you will get the following:

First Warning:
8 points on your account, which will not come off for 180 days.

24 hours restricted from posting.

Second Warning:

Ban from the site.

It does NOT take a rocket scientist to sort out where political topics / posts are to be made. 

Edited by Paul
Clarified warnings.
2 people like this

Some people just can't seem to help themselves. Hope this changes their ways...

2 people like this

You are more optimistic than I am, I believe, Rick.

I've warned / restricted 2 members already, today.

Edited by Paul
1 person likes this

So, no matter HOW HUGE the news story is, a person's name cannot be mentioned. So if a queen of a country should be killed, the leader of a large worldwide religion should make news with a big speech, or the leader of a powerful country should make news that's being reported all over the world, the members of this forum will be spanked if they should quote/post a news story that has this person's name in it

Not something I will lose sleep over.

So, no matter HOW HUGE the news story is, a person's name cannot be mentioned. So if a queen of a country should be killed, the leader of a large worldwide religion should make news with a big speech, or the leader of a powerful country should make news that's being reported all over the world, the members of this forum will be spanked if they should quote/post a news story that has this person's name in it

Not something I will lose sleep over.

I said if politicians are involved in topics, then those topics go in the political forums - PERIOD.

Too many political topics are being posted elsewhere to be "sold" to the members as other topics. OR, perhaps some members are just not sure where they should be posted. Either way, there is no excuse for not looking for the most appropriate forum in which to post a thread. The link to the political and religious topic forums is in the first post in this thread. There should be no question now.

Now, if you folks are NOT happy with the way this is going, I will be happy to delete every political / religious / debated topic forum and we can go back to the way it was in the past - no politics and no religion. That works just as well for me. Actually, it would be better for me, because I wouldn't be wasting my time in topics like this one. 

By the number of "Likes" and "Thanks" my original post is receiving, it seems as though members are happy for this to be in place. 

Edited by Paul
3 people like this

Paul, my friend, I don't personally care. It's your game and you can do what you want of course. I enjoy world news and most world news does many times involve 'politics'.

I just continue to chuckle over all the people who complain about something they don't want to read. It just baffles me-it's like switching channels on tv-if you don't like something you don't watch it.

Anyway-hope everyone follows your rules, but for the ones who are always "getting their drawers in a wad", they'll find something else to complain about.

I just continue to chuckle over all the people who complain about something they don't want to read. It just baffles me-it's like switching channels on tv-if you don't like something you don't watch it.

In this case, they change the channel, yet still have the same shit thrown in their faces. So, I am just limiting the channels on which those topics will be shown. 

Anyway-hope everyone follows your rules, but for the ones who are always "getting their drawers in a wad", they'll find something else to complain about.

There will always be people I cannot make happy. I'm not concerned about them. 

1 person likes this

I enjoy world news and most world news does many times involve 'politics'.

There are many forums on the World Wide Web that cover international politics and USA military matters...
for those who need to keep up with that.

Paul's forum is about living in Cebu and the Philippines It's mainly concerned with:

(a) any newbie questions that expat members can help with.

(b) sharing info with other expats about daily life here in Cebu

© understanding Philippine people and their culture

(d) discussion and opinions about topics relevant to living and retiring here. :good:

2 people like this

Last time I looked, Cebu was in fact part of the Philippines, so that some what negates your comment.

I suggest that you look at the myriad of forum topics that have been provided for members to add to and discuss.

It is not limited to the few that you mention, it would be a boring forum and fail in a short time if it was.

That is how I see it, but I have been known to be wrong :)

Edited by contraman