Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poby

Age of consent - Be very very careful!

100 posts in this topic

I met a guy last night and over a few beers he mentioned his girlfriend is 17. He was surprised to hear that this a really bad idea especially considering he is over 18 (he is 63). He seems like a really nice guy but ignorance can be dangerous and It's easy for newcomers to this country to not realise matters relating to sex and age can be very different to back home. I thought it might be a good idea to remind people of the terrifying possible consequences of being with a girl under 18.

"The age of sexual consent in the Philippines is 12 for all, but contacts with minors (under 18) are an offence if the minor consents to the act for money, gain or any other remuneration or as the result of an influence of any adult person."

It's this last bit that makes it effectively illegal for anyone over 18 to have sex with one under 18.

According to Republic Act 7610, section 6, an "attempt to commit child prostitution" is deemed to have occured:

when any person who, not being a relative of a child, is found alone with the said child inside the room or cubicle of a house, an inn, hotel, motel, pension house, apartelle or other similar establishments, vessel, vehicle or any other hidden or secluded area

"child" is defined under the same act as being a person under the age of 18

So even simply being alone with a 17 year old in a hotel room is a serious breach of the law! Furthermore, the "child" doesn't have to complain, any close relative can lodge a complaint and land you in deeep hot water.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the matter, disobeying the law has potential consequences. I don't judge anyone, it's enough for me to take care of my own ethics however I thought a timely reminder might help someone reading this to be careful and if in doubt, ask for I.D.

"Stupid is as stupid does." Sometimes stupid can get ya killed. At the very least locked up in the jails of a 3rd world country. Hopefully this little 17 year old cutie is a pro and will take your buddy for every dime he has before her relatives turn him in for rape. JMO.

Hummmm .... kinda harsh there Mr B ;):o B) :lol: ........ but maybe he deserved it as in his country he knew it was illegal to begin with ..... but now here is an interesting question ..... how does he get out of it ....... if he just leaves and she is p*ssed than she can turn him in ....... if he stays with her wonder how long before her family turns him in the first time one of them gets p*ssed at him ........ all in all I think he is in a bit of a pickle ...... damned if he does and damned if he doesn't ....... should have used his head (the big one) in the first place ...... sure glad I don't have that problem ...... :lol::P and I say this with the understanding that he just didn't know better ......... if he did ...... than back to Mr. Bastos to exercise punishment .......

Apparently he wasn't the first guy she'd been with. The legal aspect however is the scary one. I've advised him to maintain the relationship at least until she turns 18 in a couple of months. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his situation and am always very careful about legal age which does vary from country to country so I'm not sure it would be illegal in his country. He was genuinely surprised when I suggested what he is doing is actually illegal. I hope everything works out ok for him as even though I only knew him for a few hours he does seem like a nice person and someone I hope to share a beer with again one day. I know many of us like nothing better than to impose our moral views on others but who amongst us can claim never to have made a mistake? I know I've made enough mistakes and have enough regrets that I certainly don't feel I have the right to judge others. But hey if you are on the shortlist to sainthood, I'm sure you can find a ready supply of stones...

Edited by poby

Everyone makes "mistakes". Lusting after and seducing a minor old enough to be your great grand daughter, IMHO, is not a mistake. I believe they call it "sex tourism".

ed villas likes this

Apparently he wasn't the first guy she'd been with. The legal aspect however is the scary one. I've advised him to maintain the relationship at least until she turns 18 in a couple of months.

Even if when she's 18, it won't mean he can't be sued for what had happened when she was 17.

Poby, this topic smells like a troll to me. ;)

There are moral view points and there is right and wrong.

A 63 year old man knowingly romantically involved with a 17 year old girl is wrong. Do you disagree?

OK guys this is really going to open a can of worms ....... yes ...... the law says that any girl under the age of 17 is illegal and I agree ........ now does making her 1 year older at 18 with a 63 year old man OK?????? ....... in the eyes of the law ... yes .... but is it really OK ........ has she really matured during that last year????? ........ can she withstand a relationship both physically and emotionally?????? ....... my own personal opinion is ...NO .... but I do not judge those in these relationship ...... I might wonder a bit ...... but like the bakla incident ..... who am I to judge ......

Apparently he wasn't the first guy she'd been with. The legal aspect however is the scary one. I've advised him to maintain the relationship at least until she turns 18 in a couple of months. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his situation and am always very careful about legal age which does vary from country to country so I'm not sure it would be illegal in his country. He was genuinely surprised when I suggested what he is doing is actually illegal. I hope everything works out ok for him as even though I only knew him for a few hours he does seem like a nice person and someone I hope to share a beer with again one day. I know many of us like nothing better than to impose our moral views on others but who amongst us can claim never to have made a mistake? I know I've made enough mistakes and have enough regrets that I certainly don't feel I have the right to judge others. But hey if you are on the shortlist to sainthood, I'm sure you can find a ready supply of stones...

i think i meet that guy ... from England ?? He was taking her hotel to hotel... Marriot.. Waterfront... Parklane.. Marco Polo but i thought he said the partents knew about everything ,, he was suppose to marry her or something like that.. Guy has a screw loose if you ask me.... a perv is a perv

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Commercial Banner Advertisers

• Adsbygoogle

Advert

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Donation Goals

Modifications, Applications, & Plugins

Purchase and renewal costs for themes and various features added to the forums.

$30 USD added to cover PayPal fees.

$231.01 of $280.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
    Yearly Hosting Fees

Yearly web hosting fees, $75 USD / month.

$30 USD added to cover fees.

$181.96 of $930.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
    Software Licensing Renewal Fees

This goal is 100% funded. Please choose one of the others to support.

$50 USD every six months for software licensing.

$15 USD added to cover PayPal fees.

$115.08 of $115.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Donation Stats

• Total Donations
      $528.05
    • Total Fees
      $21.95
    • Total Goals
      $1,325.00
    • Still Needed
      $796.95

• $528.05 of $1,325.00 goal reached.
  • Adsbygoogle

Advert

• Recent Posts

Was at the Quest hotel today was great but even at a senior price, was still a little pricey for me. Any place cheaper and as good for less than 400pesos ???

Police Officer Test

How do you tell the difference between an Australian Police Officer, a
      Canadian Police Officer, an American Police Officer and a Scottish police
      officer?
      The answer is  found below.

You're a policeman, on duty by yourself.
      You are walking on a  deserted street late at night.
      Suddenly, a man armed with a huge knife comes around the corner,  locks
      eyes with you and screaming something that sounds like  obscenities, raises
      the knife and lunges at you.
      You are carrying your truncheon and are an expert in using it.
      However, you have only a split second to react before he reaches you.

QUESTION:  What do you do?

ANSWERS:

Australia:
      Firstly, the Officer must consider the man's human rights.
        1) Does the man look poor and/or oppressed?
        2) Is he newly arrived in  this country and does not yet understand the
      law?
      3) Is this really a  knife or a ceremonial dagger?
      4) Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
      5) Am I dressed provocatively?
      6) Could I  run away?
      7) Could I possibly swing my truncheon and knock the knife  out of his
      hand?
      8) Should I try and negotiate with him to discuss his wrong-doings?
      9)  Why am I carrying a truncheon anyway and what kind  of message does
      this send to society?
      10) Does he definitely want to  kill me or would he be content just to wound
      me?
      11) If I were to grab  his knees and hold on, would he still want to stab
      and kill me?
      12) If  I raise my truncheon and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed if
      he falls over, knocks his head and kills himself? 
      13) If I hurt him and  lose the subsequent court case, does he have the
      opportunity to sue  me, cost me my job, my credibility and the loss of my
      family home?

Canada:
      BANG !

America:
      BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG !  BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG !
      BANG ! BANG  ! '
      Click'...Reload... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !  BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG !
      BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! BANG !

Glasgow Police  Officer:
      "Haw, Jimmie....! Drop the wee knife reet this minute noo, unless ye want
      it stuck up yer arse!"
      I'm driving to SFO later today (Sat) and will land in Cebu Monday morning... pretty damn excited, not looking forward to that long ass flight. I will take a small hit at currency exchange at the airport for some quick cash, then go to a Bank by the mall later on. I am bringing some cash and trying to avoid the fees for using my CC in Cebu. Lots of tee shirts, shorts have been packed, flip flops, sandals, and a pair of comfortable slip on's and short socks for the slip on's (not for the sandals  ) some American snacks, protein bars, and I plan on buying a ton of bottled water... no tap. I had a few trips scheduled but the weather looks like it will cancel a couple of them... just going to play it by the seat of my arse.  This will be my first visit in what I hope will be many. This is a precursor to possibly living there in the coming years once my mom (who I take care of) passes... I am so out of this chit state of Cali!!!. On paper I am planning on 3 visits this year, next in July, then at the end of the year, probably Christmas time (only if I am good with the first visit) I will be meeting the woman I have been talking with for half a year, and I will be meeting a member from LINC who befriended me after I got blasted by a few on here when I mentioned meeting a woman, and how I was supposedly doing it all wrong. (Thanks to Shadow for giving me some pointers) If I don't like the Phils then my next targets are Belize and Chiang Mai (possible business op with a friend) Nothing carved in stone, but I hope the Phils works for me. I'll probably be silent for about the next 2 weeks... but no promises if I feel I need to share some pics or something. In regard to pics... I noticed on here there are very few photos of of the members or things they are doing etc... shy? Scared? Protective? Too ugly?    Peace    
      Is it just me or what is up with the mall keeping the temp so warm? The wife and I went there to go shopping today and there was no way I wanted to stick around with the temps being so warm  and apparently I was not the only one, the mall was almost devoid of people.  
      My wife and I are listing our extra condo studio unit for sale, we bought this extra unit with the intent to move to Cebu full time but because of health issues, we will just continue our yearly stays, thus we do not need this extra unit which was intended for guests and storage, it is in Winland Tower C which is the newer tower of the two existing towers, so nothing fancy but inexpensive for a 30.27 sq meter unit, asking p1,600,000.00 CASH ONLY, that is less than half per sq meter of what most of the newer buildings going up are selling for. We will be in Cebu from February 24th to May 12th, so if anyone is interested and has cash for a quick sale then send me a message. The unit was freshly painted last May during our last stay and we left it empty.     pool area Building entrance Lobby Floor plan Photo taken standing just inside doorway, on the left is the door to the CR, to the right is the kitchen CR Kitchen Mountain view side or building so it is pretty cool in the unit most of the year, very little direct sunlight hits the unit itself. A/C hole and area to place bed etc. Shower and window to the hallway BBQ area and behind that glass is a gym with some equipment and CR's   Winland is far from top of the line but it is a decent place to live, which is close to just about all a person would need, many restaurants, banks, 7-11, coffee shops, laundry, internet cafe, McDo, Burger King, Jollibee, etc, walking distance to Robinson's Mall around 15 minutes, Osmena Circle, Ayala is close too, p60 or less by taxi or a 15 minute walk and all with low monthly and yearly costs. If a person wants top of the line then Winland will not be for them but many westerners live here and seem happy, why, because it cost so much less than many other places to live here and yet it is still very conveniently located.    Property taxes are around p3,000 a year, condo monthly dues are a little over p1,000 a month, so very inexpensive to upkeep.  Smart or Globe LTE pocket wifi works great in that unit if a person wants inexpensive internet for a full time or part time lifestyle like we do. Unit is wired for cable and telephone and has an intercom for the guard in the lobby to call up to the unit.  CASH ONLY, NO TERMS     Any other questions feel free to send me a message.    
  • Forum Donation