Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Boq's Roast Shop - Naga

Naga has some really cool Christmas lights this time of year...so I took my kids and their scooters to play along the waterfront at Naga...

They have a lot of restobars along the waterfront...we stopped at "Boq's Roast Shop"...they were cooking pork roto style...I have seen many places doing chicken that style, this is first place I saw doing pork...

I liked the pork but the green sauce they smothered it with, I did not care for and scaped it off best I could...

little SMB bottles 45 pesos each...

vendors approach non-stop...some singing...some selling stuff...bought some seedless grapes from one of those approaching vendors...

if I go back, definately bringing a bag of potato chips...

post-15535-0-71297800-1387539148_thumb.jpg

post-15535-0-64047500-1387539176_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How much are the grapes, now, and the pork? 

How much are the grapes, now, and the pork? 

the bag of grapes was 180 pesos...the pork was 210 pesos...not sure the exact serving size of pork or that bag of grapes...but it was enough...had 4 beers with the pork before those grapes arrived...

wish they sold potato chips...and hot sauce would have been nice...the green sauce they put on it (the pork) had a citrus taste to it, like oranges...

• Like 1

hot sauce would have been nice

Have you run out of Frank's?

I'll keep my eyes open when we head to the store.

wasn't carrying the Frank's Hot Sauce : (

still small amount left (one bottle)...surely will stock up again next time I see them...have never seen it sold out this way, I have only seen it at Ayala...

I doubt the place would have an issue with me bringing my own hot sauce and potato chips...

The pork was nice, I like it with crunchie skin...perfect with beer (chips and hot sauce)...rice, just not my thing, they sell hanging rice...

and potato chips...

Yea, I hear ya.

I guess they don't have the chips I like here in PI. I like those Lay's 1/3 less salt (or something like that)... they come in a blue bag. I see the others but not those.

pork was nice, I like it with crunchie skin

That crunchie skin is awesome ... with pork or chicken!

• Like 1

I agree the Mayor has really made Baywalk one of the best if not the best areas in Cebu, esp at chrissy.....the food is ok but we rather buy at the market across the road, grab some tables n chairs n buy our drinks from the establishment in order to use them.....

will miss the place heaps....

• Like 1

actually to be fair i have noticed pinoy places charging more. Even the street-type ones. But never as high as 45.

actually to be fair i have noticed pinoy places charging more. Even the street-type ones. But never as high as 45.

this area of Naga is a "night" spot...most, if not all of the food businesses along this area of the waterfront, have night hours...not open in the day...

the nice thing about Boq's, they are not playing the loud music like the other restobar's...I don't know what the other places in that area charge for meer...

I have not been to Mango Square recently at night but I would guess that it is cheaper at the waterfront in Naga than Mango Square...and Mango Square is known to be the cheaper "night" spot of Cebu City...most of those places at Mango Square are not open during the day either...

Now in my neck of the woods, San Fenando, the beer is cheaper (30 pesos), but they charge entry fees and table fees...and if you want a private karaoke room, additional fee...use of pool, additional fee...

bottom line, it aint that expensive...

I have an extra bottle of Franks if you run out & can't find any.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

• Commercial Banner Advertisers

• Adsbygoogle

Advert