Sign in to follow this  
NHANORAK

Complicated Bank advice.

Try selling your condo for bitcoins. You can charge a premium for it being in bitcoins and it's easy to transfer to anywhere in the world with no fee. Take your "wallet" (aka your account) with you anywhere in the world, Send it off to an exchange where you can cash out and have the cash wired to wherever you want, or hold your bitcoin and wait for it to go to the moon again. There's a pretty big bitcoin scene here. I would not be surprised if you found a buyer quickly.

Edited by senseless

Travelers Cheque No Longer Accepted

Effective December 31, 2013, HSBC Philippines and HSBC Savings Bank Philippines, Inc. will no longer accept Travelers Cheques for encashment or deposit to account.

Please contact the Travelers Cheque Issuer for a list of banks or foreign exchange establishments that provide encashment services.

their is a small chance that the account could be "hacked" or funds stolen by an employee who knows that your there and he is here. and you cant do much if anything til you return unlike 1st world banking systems

o p pleaso be aware some philippine banks make your money dissapear if your account remains unactive for more than 12 months .I can,t remember which ones do this off hand but a forum member did lose a large chunk of cash because he did,nt use his account within the 12 months

I won't be complaining to my UK bank about a statement problem again after reading these comments. Thanks for the "heads up", something else to put in the mix.

Try selling your condo for bitcoins. You can charge a premium for it being in bitcoins and it's easy to transfer to anywhere in the world with no fee. Take your "wallet" (aka your account) with you anywhere in the world, Send it off to an exchange where you can cash out and have the cash wired to wherever you want, or hold your bitcoin and wait for it to go to the moon again. There's a pretty big bitcoin scene here. I would not be surprised if you found a buyer quickly.

Yes Bitcoin has been on the news a lot here recently after someone threw away his computer forgetting he had mined for Bitcoins now worth £4 million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-25134289

A bit worried that this could be the modern tulip bubble. There are some suggestions a better system may replace it, so I would be nervous using them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Commercial Banner Advertisers

• Adsbygoogle

Advert