Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NHANORAK

Complicated Bank advice.

24 posts in this topic

We reside in the UK, but have a Condo in Cebu we are looking to sell. Once a sale goes through we want to initially to place the money in a Bank Account we can manager on line from the UK. We'd be looking to transfer some funds to other Filipino Bank accounts and also keep some back for use when we return on holidays to the Philippines.

Can anyone offer advise on a bank account that could suit? If so, any ideas on what paperwork we need to take into the Bank to facilitate opening the account? Finally, if we use our Condo address to open the account, what happens when that's sold? Would there be a problem changing the bank account address to the UK?

ask your bank as they can be of much assistance ,

consider putting some of your money in a time deposit so it earns something, 

if you have someone you really TRUST keep the mailing address here,

their is a small chance that the account could be "hacked" or funds stolen by an employee who knows that your there and he is here. and you cant do much if anything til you return  unlike 1st world banking systems

ask your bank as they can be of much assistance

We don't currently have a bank account in our name.

most ask for an acr card now.

remember u are only assured for 500k if the country goes under.

I opened mine at BDO ( I don't have a problem with them but I have heard some stories but in saying that I am still waiting for my internet banking to be set up and i did it months ago).

Pretty sure all i needed was my passport, acr card and a bill in my name plus two passport sized photo's oh and money ofcourse

HSBC would be worth looking into 

My BPI account ok

Online access  after a day or 2

I pay VECO and GLOBE from the account and can also transfer funds to other BPI accounts,

I have not tried to transfer funds to an account  in another bank

1 person likes this

Sending an international wire via online banking is not a standard feature with Philippine banks. I recommend you approach HSBC for this.

I.cant even send a wire from any of the Philippine banks I use without visiting the branch I opened my account with. Hell I cant even update my cedit card billing address without visiting that specific branch. So my statements have been sent to someone else for 7 months while i was away. Now thats good for.fraud prevention.

Filipino banks suck. I used to be amused by the special attention they gave me when i walked in, but this is all window dressing. If you need something done and your not at YOUR branch its a pain in the ass.

I am moving all assets out of the Philippines. Going to move my ass out of the Philippines very soon too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I am moving all assets out of the Philippines. Going to move my ass out of the Philippines very soon too.

Monsoon, assuming your assets are in pesos, how will you get them out?

Monsoon, assuming your assets are in pesos, how will you get them out?

Lots of use of my home service money changer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

o p pleaso  be aware some philippine banks make your money dissapear if your account remains unactive for more than 12 months .I  can,t remember which ones do this off hand but a forum member did lose a large chunk of cash because he did,nt use his account within the 12 months .If I were you I would open an account with hsbc because they have branches in the u.k  .

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Commercial Banner Advertisers

• Adsbygoogle

Advert