• Banned
  • 1,295 posts
  • 189 thanks
  • 67 topics
  • Local time: 03:45 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 20 November 2013 - 9:29 AM

if you think your welfare system is too generous ,then go to the u.k we are way ahead of you guys trust me.Thats why we get Iraq,s ,afghanistani,s ,pakistanis,s etc etc travelling half way round the world to get to our shores .At least the mexicanos and everyone south of you don,t have far to go lol .there are thousands of them piled up near the english channel in dover and calais waiting to sneak across every day. 

#12 Majorsco

Majorsco
  • Elite Member
  • 3,619 posts
  • 638 thanks
  • 27 topics
  • Local time: 07:45 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

if you think your welfare system is too generous ,then go to the u.k we are way ahead of you guys trust me.Thats why we get Iraq,s ,afghanistani,s ,pakistanis,s etc etc travelling half way round the world to get to our shores .At least the mexicanos and everyone south of you don,t have far to go lol .there are thousands of them piled up near the english channel in dover and calais waiting to sneak across every day.

Lets advertise to the poorer countries how generous European welfare is. Urge them to go there instead of America. That should help America's problem.

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#13 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 15,268 posts
  • 5412 thanks
  • 336 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Just so people know the amount deducted or calculated is not monetary but a bean counter number.  That number is 7% of the gross income.  This % is used by bean counters and congress when they calculate benefits and pay.  It is a tool for bean counters and to show military members your benefit of retirement.   This retirement is protected though and is not affected at by congress hence in a quasi trust.  

NOTHING is protected if the government gets desperate for money to fund their pet projects. Everybody thought the Social Security fund was protected too until LBJ used the fund to balance an out-of-balance budget.

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

#14 Knowdafish

Knowdafish

I'm a Guppy!

• Elite Member
  • 2,418 posts
  • 436 thanks
  • 109 topics
  • My Blood Type:Don't know

Posted 21 November 2013 - 6:02 AM

The problem is a lack of moral fiber among the senior officers we have today.

....and among society as a whole.

#15 lamoe

lamoe
  • Elite Member
  • 3,872 posts
  • 541 thanks
  • 497 topics
  • Local time: 06:45 PM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Never visited

Posted 21 November 2013 - 8:33 AM

May want to check out provision in Obamacare to see how much they really think of us. $200 USD per child that's how much.

Civilians get to keep their children on until 26 for military it's still only 23 max - 21 if not in school..

The passage of the Health Care Reform Act, which requires insurers to provide coverage for dependent children up to age 26, has left many TRICARE beneficiaries asking what that would mean to their older dependent children since the current age limit for TRICARE is 21, or age 23 if the child is a full-time student.

The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) is reporting that Defense Department officials estimate the expansion will cost each member $2,400 per year to cover each child over age 21 (or 23). This is provision would be unique to TRICARE and would not be imposed on non-military parents using commercial health care insurance. DoD officials say they have to charge a separate premium because they can’t spread the cost among other beneficiaries as civilian insurers do.

Read more: http://militaryadvan.../#ixzz2lEfZAe8B 
MilitaryAdvantage.Military.com 

• TALCE likes this

#16 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 12,595 posts
  • 2427 thanks
  • 721 topics

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

Something that many are not aware of is that military personnel pay for their retirement. A percentage of their pay is taken out each month and put into a trust fund. If they don't stay until retirement they get nothing. The fund has little chance of going broke due to the small number who actually stay in and draw from it. So far, it has escaped the greedy clutches of the giveaway artists in Congress.

Just so people know the amount deducted or calculated is not monetary but a bean counter number.  That number is 7% of the gross income.  This % is used by bean counters and congress when they calculate benefits and pay.  It is a tool for bean counters and to show military members your benefit of retirement.   This retirement is protected though and is not affected at by congress hence in a quasi trust.

Right, there's no actual trust fund set aside growing with contributions and paying out pensions. No military see a deduction for such in their pay statements. But Congress mandates every military member receives a statement of their pay and benefits mainly to explain why their paychecks are so small. The justification for the pensions include the dangers of the job, the fact that it's a 24/7 life, and payment procrastination. We'll underpay you now but pay that back if you serve and live long enough. As Whimpy said, "We'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

#17 goldote

goldote
  • Sponsor
  • 787 posts
  • 80 thanks
  • 6 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Same sick redundant theme. 

I tried once to stop gov's empire building.

Got blown away, like the Pauls. 

Bailouts....total pork barrel.

USA is way more out of control than the RP. 

They're trying to act like US, but keep getting shut down....by the courts and people.

We have lost control of government.  It's become untouchable.

We need to have our public employees start to look more like theirs.

Pass on a few war opportunities and we'll catch up way faster.

Political and military management needs to learn to take orders.

After what gov's already done there's really no choice. 

Pay for what we've done with interest.

Or remain in denial?.....and whine about our 'Marcos' for generations?

But we must honor all our past promises.

Or evolve like Russia, France and China.

Revolt as a logical consequence of a totally disenfranchised middle class.

Most revolts make brownouts feel like a walk in the park.

#18 Lee

Lee

Happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu

• Sponsor
  • 4,827 posts
  • 927 thanks
  • 884 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 17 January 2014 - 6:06 AM

Alan West Quote from his facebook page

The Obama administration is spending $52M on Obamacare advertisements by former NBA players Magic Johnson and Alonzo Mourning to make an appeal to young people to sign up. In total, the American taxpayer has forked over $684M for Obamacare advertisements.

Methinks we could have used those dollars to keep Tricare service centers open for our military, veterans, and retirees. Then again, I come from a military family, care about our vets ...and am one myself.

• Majorsco likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#19 Cebudog

Cebudog
  • Elite Member
  • 902 posts
  • 124 thanks
  • 88 topics

Posted 17 January 2014 - 7:23 AM

NOTHING is protected if the government gets desperate for money to fund their pet projects. Everybody thought the Social Security fund was protected too until LBJ used the fund to balance an out-of-balance budget.

Sorry but no he didn't.

From Snopes.

As noted above, the monies paid into the Social Security trust have never been "put into the general fund." The requirements for how the Social Security Trust Fund is to be financed and invested have not changed since the fund's inception in 1939. The reference to Lyndon Johnson indicates that someone was probably confused by a change implemented at the end of the Johnson administration (1969) that altered how the fund was accounted for in the federal budget but did not change the actual operations of the fund itself:
Beginning in fiscal year 1969, Social Security and other Federal programs that operate through trust funds were counted officially in the budget. This was done administratively by President Johnson. At the time Congress did not have a budget-making process. In 1974 Congress adopted procedures for setting budget goals through passage of annual budget resolutions. Like the budgets prepared by the President, these resolutions were to reflect a "unified" budget that included trust fund programs such as Social Security in the budget totals.

Beginning in the late 1970s, Social Security faced financial problems, and over a period of time legislation was enacted to restore the financial health of the program. However, because the Federal budget deficit remained large, interest in reducing Social Security spending continued. This routine consideration of Social Security constraints led to concerns that cuts in Social Security were being proposed for budgetary purposes rather than programmatic ones.

In response to this concern, a series of measures were enacted in 1983, 1985, and 1987 making the program a more distinct part of the budget and permitting Congressional floor objections (points of order) to be raised against budget bills containing Social Security changes.
This method of accounting for the Social Security Trust Fund in the federal budget was reversed in 1990.
Read more at http://www.snopes.co...ECP4XA0D1DSO.99

#20 shadow

shadow

Play that funky music

• Elite Member
  • 4,687 posts
  • 1821 thanks
  • 187 topics
  • Local time: 11:45 AM

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

This is the ONE area they should be providing MORE money, MORE benefits, to our fighting men and women! 

Yes, but they should also be stationing them around our borders, not in the middle east fighting endless wars of other countries that will never be won.

• Paul and Irenicus like this

Larry in Dumaguete

Pinay Visa

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users