Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkyMan

Ok so driller came yesterday (with pics)

38 posts in this topic

SkyMan, a question: the diameter of the hole seems to be about 5", so how large is the pump that (when you eventually or hopefully find water) is required to lift the water up 200'?

We put a bore down 41 meters here in Oz at a new site we are developing. It was drilled, lined and screen fitted in one day using a huge truck mounted drill. Treated town water passes our front boundary but everyone here has a bore as the water is much better. 

Two things I noted that might be of interest. Here the bores go through a couple of higher shity water levels but all end up at around 40 meters down and its the same for many miles in any direction here, beautiful clear water.  So perhaps your neighbors level might be the same for you.

The other thing was bore pumps. The popular G*****oss was about Au$4500+ so I bought a Chinese cheapie of the same capacity (2 HP 14 stage) for $299.00 delivered. It has pumped without fault for 4 months irrigating 2 acres now so we got another as a spare back-up and still saved heaps on the 'brand' pump.

Good luck and if you cant find good water just settle for oil!

2 people like this

We put a bore down 41 meters here in Oz at a new site we are developing. It was drilled, lined and screen fitted in one day using a huge truck mounted drill. Treated town water passes our front boundary but everyone here has a bore as the water is much better. 

Two things I noted that might be of interest. Here the bores go through a couple of higher shity water levels but all end up at around 40 meters down and its the same for many miles in any direction here, beautiful clear water.  So perhaps your neighbors level might be the same for you.

The other thing was bore pumps. The popular G*****oss was about Au$4500+ so I bought a Chinese cheapie of the same capacity (2 HP 14 stage) for $299.00 delivered. It has pumped without fault for 4 months irrigating 2 acres now so we got another as a spare back-up and still saved heaps on the 'brand' pump.

Good luck and if you cant find good water just settle for oil!

Bring that truck here, there are plenty of well to drill....

But the price per foot would be a bit more then maybe.

Edited by Paul
removed dual quoted text.

SkyMan, a question: the diameter of the hole seems to be about 5", so how large is the pump that (when you eventually or hopefully find water) is required to lift the water up 200'?

Submersible pumps are 4" diameter though I have see 3".  You can probably get larger.  The motor, 2HP in my case sits on the bottom with the pump/impeller assembly on top.  The wiring to the motor runs along the side of the pump in a retainer and the water pumps straight out of the top.  I think my neighbor's is only half a HP though and has been running 18 years. 

Bring that truck here, there are plenty of well to drill.... But the price per foot would be a bit more then maybe.

They charge $100 per meter including liner and screen. Not bad considering the cost of his machine and he's booked months ahead.

What is the going price now for a bore hole?

Had a 6inch bore done at our site to 120 ft.

We paid p500 a foot is that a normal price?

They did it different to the other ways mentioned.

https://plus.google.com/117780523884748650790/posts/9uvE91WobCB

Here is a picture of our new bore going down currently.

post-14249-0-51521500-1393287108_thumb.jpg

So was water every gotten from the well ?