• 21,373 posts
  • 6167 thanks
  • 3,810 topics
  • Local time: 10:28 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

http://www.theargus....e_by_neighbour/

A pensioner who donned a bikini top to sunbathe in her garden was contacted by police after neighbours complained.

Euphemia Holdingbarnes, 70, was strolling in her paddock at her home in Fulking, West Sussex, wearing a bikini top and long skirt on Tuesday - when temperatures reached the mid-twenties.

But a neighbour decided her outfit was inappropriate - and reported her to the police.

She said: “I was walking the boundary as you have to do with a paddock.

“My neighbour called the police for being indecently clothed - I have been reported for being in a bikini top on my own land.

“I was only wearing a bikini top and a long skirt down to my ankles.

“I was having a lovely time and then got a call from a police officer.

“I just thought it was so ridiculous. Indecently attired in a bikini - I mean, what next?”

She said disagreements with neighbours have continued for about two years - but had hit a new low with this week's complaint.

Ms Holdingbarnes said: “There have been a big long list of things which have happened.

“But to actually report me to the police for wearing a bikini top, I mean, good lord.

“It's such a bizarre thing to do, especially considering we have been having such hot weather.”

The 19-day heatwave - the longest since 1997 - ended on Monday when temperatures peaked below 28 degrees for the first time.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: “We received a call from a neighbour on Wednesday 24 July, complaining that a woman who lives in Fulking was dressed inappropriately.

“We had cause to call the woman referred to on other matters and mentioned to her that the call had been received.

“However there is no suggestion that the woman has committed any criminal offence and police are taking no action.”

With a cheery smile and a wave of his hand he wandered off to an unknown land.

Not all those who wander are lost.

#2 Tater Salad

Tater Salad

This space to let.

• Elite Member
  • 1,348 posts
  • 251 thanks
  • 56 topics
  • Local time: 11:28 PM
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

hahaha I thought you were trying to avoid the foul language detector with "Fulking". I wonder if she was fulking embarassed when the police showed up?
  • broden and Brucewayne like this

#3 hchoate

hchoate
  • Elite Member
  • 808 posts
  • 121 thanks
  • 82 topics
  • Local time: 10:28 AM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Reminds me of the old joke about the old lady who called police because her neighbor was walking around naked inside his house with the windows open.

The police arrived at her house, looked at her neighbors place and told her 'But you can only see him from the waist up. How do you know he is naked?"

"Stand on a chair, she said".

• broden, Sonny, HeyMike and 2 others like this

#4 HeyMike

HeyMike

Mask

• Sponsor
  • 1,492 posts
  • 484 thanks
  • 9 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

How nice that the police are not taking any action against the woman who committed no crime.

• Art and broden like this

Become an art patron.

#5 Edwin

Edwin
  • Elite Member
  • 1,256 posts
  • 920 thanks
  • 152 topics
  • Local time: 11:28 AM
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Why aren't they taking action against the Fulking lady that called the Fulking police for a false Fulking crime?

• broden, Sonny and HeyMike like this
"Pray, Vote, Buy More Ammo."

#6 Alan S

Alan S

The Closer

• +Forum Admin
  • 7,240 posts
  • 1862 thanks
  • 250 topics
  • Local time: 04:28 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Ham Call Sign:G8BLW
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

I have a neighbour who regularly sunbathes topless in her garden.

As she is 75++ it is proof of the existance of gravity!

• broden and Edwin like this

#7 no one

no one

where ever i go that's where i end up :)

• Elite Member
  • 463 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • 32 topics
  • My Blood Type:Don't know

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

ye the way this world is going you better watch out for what you can and can not do on your own property or inside your house 

if it was me the old lady i would have file charges for harassment and than sun bate in full nude :) 

• broden likes this

#8 Dragonladies.org

Dragonladies.org
  • Elite Member
  • 482 posts
  • 134 thanks
  • 24 topics
  • Local time: 12:28 AM
  • Ham Call Sign:KD4***
  • Philippines:Never visited

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

Thank you for not posting pictures.

• Art, broden and Ozepete like this
Posted Image

#9 Brucewayne

Brucewayne
  • Elite Member
  • 4,308 posts
  • 558 thanks
  • 63 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

http://www.theargus....e_by_neighbour/

A pensioner who donned a bikini top to sunbathe in her garden was contacted by police after neighbours complained.

Euphemia Holdingbarnes, 70, was strolling in her paddock at her home in Fulking, West Sussex, wearing a bikini top and long skirt on Tuesday - when temperatures reached the mid-twenties.

But a neighbour decided her outfit was inappropriate - and reported her to the police.

She said: “I was walking the boundary as you have to do with a paddock.

“My neighbour called the police for being indecently clothed - I have been reported for being in a bikini top on my own land.

“I was only wearing a bikini top and a long skirt down to my ankles.

“I was having a lovely time and then got a call from a police officer.

“I just thought it was so ridiculous. Indecently attired in a bikini - I mean, what next?”

She said disagreements with neighbours have continued for about two years - but had hit a new low with this week's complaint.

Ms Holdingbarnes said: “There have been a big long list of things which have happened.

“But to actually report me to the police for wearing a bikini top, I mean, good lord.

“It's such a bizarre thing to do, especially considering we have been having such hot weather.”

The 19-day heatwave - the longest since 1997 - ended on Monday when temperatures peaked below 28 degrees for the first time.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: “We received a call from a neighbour on Wednesday 24 July, complaining that a woman who lives in Fulking was dressed inappropriately.

“We had cause to call the woman referred to on other matters and mentioned to her that the call had been received.

“However there is no suggestion that the woman has committed any criminal offence and police are taking no action.”

Apparently, they don't have a Walmart there.

• broden likes this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name