• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

Earthquake this morning?

15 posts in this topic

9:39 AM this morning both my wife and I felt our chairs moving for a couple of seconds, anyone else feel it? 

Yes, my bed shook a bit.

I am never concerned nowadays because some construction trucks or piledrivers have similar effect,

main concern would be the tsunami that might follow a earthquaqe, how many metres above sea

level is Cebu Ayala?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!

no nada

Here is the answer,  

Intensity 4 felt in Cebu as quake hits Negros

A magnitude 4.4 earthquake struck off San Carlos City, Negros Occidental on Sunday morning, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said.

Phivolcs said the epicenter of the earthquake was located 10 kilometers northeast of San Carlos City at 9:38 a.m.

certainly felt it in Toledo City

I was on Skype to Sha-Sha and she was telling me about the tremor that they felt this morning.

Apparently no where near as bad as the previous one from Negros, nearer Dumaguete, but that was a higher magnitude quake, and lasted longer, than the one this morning I gather?

I was on Skype to Sha-Sha and she was telling me about the tremor that they felt this morning.

Apparently no where near as bad as the previous one from Negros, nearer Dumaguete, but that was a higher magnitude quake, and lasted longer, than the one this morning I gather?

http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/html/update_SOEPD/2013_Earthquake_Bulletins/May/2013_0512_0138_B3F.html

This page gives you more information about the quake this morning David, and as you can see, it's much closer to Cebu City than the one in Dumaguete which is why members in the city felt it....

2013_0512_0138_B3F.jpg

A friend of mine asked me about it a little afterwards.  I didn't feel anything nor my wife.  We were near SM.

A friend of mine asked me about it a little afterwards.  I didn't feel anything nor my wife.  We were near SM.

I think the only reason I noticed was because I am very high up, with no distractions.  It was very brief as well.  A few seconds.