• 1,488 posts
  • 225 thanks
  • 71 topics
  • Local time: 06:23 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Museum responds to Justin Bieber's Anne Frank comment
Canadian pop singer takes flak for museum guest book entry CBC News Posted: Apr 14, 2013 12:55 PM ET Last Updated: Apr 15, 2013 2:37 PM ET

Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber has apparently committed what Facebook users are calling a self-serving faux pas while visiting the Amsterdam museum honouring Anne Frank, the Jewish teen whose famous diary chronicles what it was like to be in hiding from the Nazis during the Second World War.

si-bieber-justin-220-cp-038.jpgJustin Bieber stayed more than an hour in the museum, the Anne Frank House Facebook page said. (Canadian Press)

According to the Facebook page of the Anne Frank House, Bieber, 19, toured the museum with his entourage for more than hour on Friday evening and before leaving, he signed a guest book with the following message:

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."

The singer's fans, mostly teen girls, are known as "Beliebers."

An official statement posted Monday praised the young singer.

"We think it is very positive that he took the time and effort to visit our museum. He was very interested in the story of Anne Frank and stayed for over an hour. We hope that his visit will inspire his fans to learn more about her life and hopefully read the diary," the museum said in an official Facebook post.

Via social media, users said the entry showed disrespect for Frank, who died of typhus in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in March 1945.

One person commenting on the museum's Facebook page criticized the singer as being "way too full of himself," adding, Frank is "an important historical figure, so show some respect."

Another wrote: "Glad he went, but the last sentence is VERY self-serving. He missed the lessons of Anne totally."

Yet another said, "Way to use Anne Frank for self-promotion."

"I hope he revisits the museum again once he is older and hopefully wiser and truly understand the messages of peacefulness, humility and respect that are wound within those walls," one woman wrote.

Bieber is in the middle of a European tour and had a concert scheduled in Arnhem in the Netherlands on Saturday night.

BBC correspondent Anna Holligan, based in the Netherlands, wrote on Twitter that she confirmed with the Amsterdam museum's press office that Bieber did write the note in a "special guest book."

There has been no comment from the singer on the museum visit.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...rank-house.html

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

#2 jtmwatchbiz

jtmwatchbiz

you rang?

• Elite Member
  • 5,897 posts
  • 1517 thanks
  • 84 topics
  • Local time: 06:23 AM
  • Location:Guadalupe Cebu City...we buy watches in any condition
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

whole lot of hoopla about nothing. while i think the singer is an annoying flamer, his critics need to focus on more prominent examples of his self-adulation. it seems a bit of a stretch to accuse him of disrespect for anne frank. he merely wrote in a guest book of how he was obviously a fan of hers, and mused that if she was still alive perhaps she would have been a fan of his as well. big freakin deal...  

• Art, A_Simple_Man, Davaoeno and 1 other like this

91e42-1323776970.jpg

"Y'all might just catch that queer disease and start flittin around like liberace."

Thanked by 1 Member:
Davaoeno

#3 Davaoeno

Davaoeno
  • Elite Member
  • 15,382 posts
  • 4352 thanks
  • 192 topics
  • Local time: 07:23 AM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Personally i think TorJay should have his Canadian citizenship taken away for deigning to attack the Bieb !!

• Art, TorJay and Irenicus like this

#4 A_Simple_Man

A_Simple_Man

Once a night in shining armor

• Sponsor
  • 5,394 posts
  • 1363 thanks
  • 132 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

The kid is 19 and his head is filled with stories of how great he is, told to him by people who are getting rich off him.  I would not expect any different comment.  Chances are the kid did not even want to go spend an hour in a museum but his PR people twisted his arm.

He's a good kid, but still just a kid. As far as being a twit, most 19 year old boys in the west seem like twits to me.  But, unlike us, they still have time to grow up.

• jtmwatchbiz, Edwin, Davaoeno and 1 other like this

#5 philuk

philuk

MORON in the first degree

• Elite Member
  • 1,947 posts
  • 429 thanks
  • 30 topics
  • Local time: 11:23 PM
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

A local girl here in the UK won a competition to meet justin at one of his concerts, They interviewed her on the radio next day

She went, she met him, He did not even speak, he might just as well have been a wax dummy. but she was still pissing her pants over him.

I dont see the attraction,

#6 michaeljordan

michaeljordan
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 03:53 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Ham Call Sign:CR8
  • Philippines:Never visited

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Justin beiber love him or hate him, has been a cash-making machine for brands that sell products adorned with his image.

#7 Art

Art
  • Sponsor
  • 3,257 posts
  • 1338 thanks
  • 84 topics
  • Local time: 08:23 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'll forgive him.  You expect the young to make mistakes its when they are old and still making mistakes that it gets very embarrassing. 

• Davaoeno and Irenicus like this

#8 jme

jme
  • Elite Member
  • 883 posts
  • 200 thanks
  • 49 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I hate that little shit, why did I not have that many girls loving me when I was his age!!! ggrr.. Anyway,  I think the fuss over this though is just the press doing what they know best "making something out of nothing"..

• Art likes this

#9 musicman666

musicman666
  • Elite Member
  • 4,694 posts
  • 695 thanks
  • 114 topics

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

He is a twit.....he made a huge mistake when he pissed off the Jewish camp.....those guys will never let him live that one down....they will Feck him up financially somehow....they have the means to do that.

#10 Thelandofku-an!

Thelandofku-an!
  • Sponsor
  • 985 posts
  • 129 thanks
  • 30 topics

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Personally i think TorJay should have his Canadian citizenship taken away for deigning to attack the Bieb !!

I'm old school, went to the Buble concert in BKK, he asked the audience "who was Ray Charles "; silence!

Next, he asked "who was Michael Jackson"; audience screams hystericaly; go figure?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea