• Elite
  • 299 posts
  • 114 thanks
  • 55 topics
  • Local time: 05:41 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 29 September 2006 - 3:04 PM

Just a warning about NuTech computers in SM.

I bought a new laptop from them in February and the modem went bad after 3 months. I took it back to them but they dont service what they sell. They sent it to another company. That service provider had my computer for one week but didnt even check the modem. When I got it back some of my files were missing and the setting had been changed as well as scratches on the top of the laptop.

I took the laptop back to NuTech after they assured me over the phone that they would fix the modem in thier store and not send it out again. I took it back to NuTech but they again wanted to send it out for repair after assuring me they could fix it right there in the store.

I didnt want to risk further problems so I decided to leave with my laptop.

#2 Ilovecebu

Ilovecebu
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,349 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 463 topics
  • Local time: 09:41 PM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 3:59 PM

Just a warning about NuTech computers in SM.

I bought a new laptop from them in February and the modem went bad after 3 months. I took it back to them but they dont service what they sell. They sent it to another company. That service provider had my computer for one week but didnt even check the modem. When I got it back some of my files were missing and the setting had been changed as well as scratches on the top of the laptop.

I took the laptop back to NuTech after they assured me over the phone that they would fix the modem in thier store and not send it out again. I took it back to NuTech but they again wanted to send it out for repair after assuring me they could fix it right there in the store.

I didnt want to risk further problems so I decided to leave with my laptop.

I send all my friends living here to Ray at Ingenius in Ayala mall, He is very good, can fix anything, including one guy that spilled a glass of water on the keyboard of his new toshiba satellite laptop, good service and reasonable prices.

#3 Guest_billygoat_*

Guest_billygoat_*
  • Guests
  • thanks
  • 1 topics

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

Trooper,
Sorry you had a bad experience with NuTech at SM.
I purchased a custom-built CPU from NuTech's original downtown store (Sanciangko at Borromeo) two years ago. The machine has generally done very well, but I have taken it in a few times for diagnosis & repair. The first year they never charged me. Last week, two years later, they charged me P100 to troubleshoot a freeze-up problem; they kept it running two days trying to find the problem (never could find the problem.)
Anway, I think its a great shop and I trust them very much; but then, a mini-tower is much easier to work on than a laptop.

#4 stephan.cross

stephan.cross
  • Inactive Member
  • 71 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 82 topics

Posted 02 October 2006 - 2:49 PM

Computers appear to be more expensive here than in America. Wish I could just pick up the phone and order one from Dell direct. I've looked at several places, including "Silicon Valley" and "Thinking Tools" but their prices are over P40,000 for the following configuration:

Intel Pentiun 2.66Ghz
1-GB RAM (extra memory is needed for apps)
17-inch Samsung CRT monitor (LCD actually preferred)
40-GB hard disk
CD-RW/DVD drive
Windows XP Pro

Any other folks have GOOD experiences buying a computer here at reasonable prices?

Thanks

#5 kc8ual

kc8ual

kc8ual

• Inactive Member
  • 821 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • 35 topics
  • Local time: 06:41 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:28 AM

I actualy prefer NGenius myself...they have great priceses and service and they also have a 24 hour state of the art I-Cafe in Asia Town

Nick

#6 micawber

micawber
  • Inactive Member
  • 172 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:09 PM

I actualy prefer NGenius myself...they have great priceses and service and they also have a 24 hour state of the art I-Cafe in Asia Town

Nick

Based on my experience, I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else than PC support, Cebu, -across the street from SM City. I have now bought three computers from them, their level of knowledge is great, their service attitude is second to none -and I would not even hesitate going there again!
Infact, I am planning to get another computer for myself, not long from now!
And I will go to PC Support....

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea