• +Founder
  • 34,442 posts
  • 7723 thanks
  • 4,056 topics
  • Local time: 07:46 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 06 October 2012 - 8:53 AM

Billy Reese sent a link to this article to me, this morning...

American shot dead in Danao City
By Davinci S. Maru
Saturday, October 6, 2012

AN AMERICAN national was killed after he allegedly refused to lend his motorcycle to the suspect. The incident happened at 7:50 p.m. in Sitio Cogon, Barangay Maslog, Danao City, Cebu last Thursday.

The victim was identified as 25-year-old Christopher Bonsukan, a Texan native. Bonsukan was allegedly shot in the chest by suspect Alvin Bensig, a resident in the area.

Bensig remains at large.

SPO2 Eldefonso Prucia of Danao City Police Station told Sun.Star Cebu that Bonsukan was visiting his girlfriend Mary Ann Aguilar, who lives in the sitio, which was celebrating its annual fiesta.

Read more here...

Edited by Paul, 06 October 2012 - 8:54 AM .

#2 USMC-Retired

USMC-Retired

You can't trust the internet

• +Global Mod
  • 9,204 posts
  • 2991 thanks
  • 1,101 topics
  • Local time: 11:46 PM
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 06 October 2012 - 9:01 AM

Christopher Bonsukan

https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Christopher+Bonsukan&init=public#!/christopher.bonsukan
This is a picture of him and his SO.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...526980899_n.jpg

Edited by USMC-Retired, 06 October 2012 - 9:03 AM .

#3 jtmwatchbiz

jtmwatchbiz

i'm more diamondy than you

• Diamond Sponsor
  • 6,779 posts
  • 2594 thanks
  • 98 topics
  • Location:Guadalupe Cebu City...we buy watches in any condition
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 06 October 2012 - 9:06 AM

that's a damn shame. what a terrible price to pay. so young and lost his life over some stupid motorbike. i know it's hard to predict how one will act when in a similar situation, but i hope we are all smart enough to forget the macho rambo crap and just hand over whatever item is demanded in a similar situation and let the police handle the rest. no matter how tough we may feel we are...we can't match the desperation of a dire criminal nor predict who is armed and willing to shoot.
  • Topper, Davaoeno, Justin Kredible and 1 other like this

#4 Mattnlenny

Mattnlenny
  • Emerald Sponsor
  • 303 posts
  • 64 thanks
  • 23 topics
  • Local time: 01:46 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 06 October 2012 - 9:10 AM

Yeah I agree mate, when the price of a life is so cheap and someone is willing to kill for a few dollars, you can't go around being the hero. That's a sad story about this young guy. It's good the murderer has been identified and fingers crossed they catch him soon.
  • Davaoeno and Justin Kredible like this

#5 Davaoeno

Davaoeno
  • Opal Sponsor
  • 16,614 posts
  • 5435 thanks
  • 198 topics

Posted 06 October 2012 - 9:29 AM

I know it doesnt always work, but I believe that a great many of these situations can be resoved with humor rather than bravado .

When a drunk at a festival approaches you and asks for your bike rather than a " Feck you no you cant have my bike" a " hey man you look like you need another beer , lets go get one " is what I am talking about . [ the story said the guy wanted to borrow the bike- ie it wasnt a car napping situation ]
  • A_Simple_Man, Headshot, Fish Sandwich and 3 others like this

#6 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 12,930 posts
  • 2483 thanks
  • 728 topics

Posted 06 October 2012 - 9:34 AM

Sad. Of course we don't know the particulars. Maybe the guy was drunk at the fiesta and just said, "Hey Joe, can I borrow your bike?" I'm, sure we'd all say something like, "Not this time." "Sorry, no." "I don't think so." And the guy took offense. Who knows?

Edited by SkyMan, 06 October 2012 - 7:07 PM .

• Fish Sandwich likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Athena

#7 smokey

smokey
  • Elite
  • 24,528 posts
  • 4115 thanks
  • 908 topics
  • Local time: 08:46 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

SAD so young ,,,
  • littlePP likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Athena

#8 Kodiak570

Kodiak570
  • Sponsor
  • 944 posts
  • 217 thanks
  • 122 topics
  • Local time: 09:46 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Like others have said, who knows what the whole situation was when it unfolded. Especially with his SO there. Could have been an ex, family member, or complete stranger, in relationship to the Filipina. Sorry to see it happen, and more sorry it's just another sad and tragic statistic/trend that seems to be on the rise.
  • littlePP likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Athena

#9 littlePP

littlePP
  • Banned
  • 3,151 posts
  • 1003 thanks
  • 103 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I know it doesnt always work, but I believe that a great many of these situations can be resoved with humor rather than bravado .

When a drunk at a festival approaches you and asks for your bike rather than a " Feck you no you cant have my bike" a " hey man you look like you need another beer , lets go get one " is what I am talking about . [ the story said the guy wanted to borrow the bike- ie it wasnt a car napping situation ]

Wait -

:banghead:

- alright, I feel better now after reading this post.

First off, my deep sorrows to this guy and his family.

1- The "story" said? A dead man, and a murderer on the loose, and some witnesses all said, he wanted to "borrow" the bike and then simply shot him in the chest from a no?

2- Let's get another beer with a man who finds murdering another for a bike "borrowing" refusal a sensible idea? Oh yes, how hilarious and insightful - go get a beer with a drunk that "politely" asked to borrow your bike. I guess after the next beer he would finally be more rational, kind and understanding to the incredible humor and wisdom of getting him drunker.

3- Where did the story say the shot in cold blood said Feck you?

This "story" seems rather odd, and there is no doubt it went further then just a may I, borrowing refusal.

Let's go have another drink? Really?

How about, realizing that the guy who asked, was probably the one portraying the alpha tone - after all, he did want a bike and did kill somebody, and was carrying a gun - and this was the guy probably saying the first Feck you. Maybe, the humor should of been a knock knock joke, or better yet, an offer to buy the polite, simple request, murderer a beer (hilarious) and then making a fake comfort room pee, followed by a bee line to the bike.

RIP to a kid far far too young to be shot down in a bike jacking.

Thanked by 1 Member:
For Real

#10 MarinePride

MarinePride
  • Elite
  • 614 posts
  • 191 thanks
  • 12 topics

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

You really cannot relax and let your guard down anywhere, gotta look over the shoulder all the time. For such a God fearing nation, I'm really taken back by stuff like this. Maybe it's time to rethink how good it is here.

As a foreigner, every move you make is watched, both near and from a far. When the time is right, the predator will make a move. It's really hard to defend against it here without becoming a total recluse.
  • Kodiak570 and littlePP like this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea