• Sponsor
  • 3,270 posts
  • 1344 thanks
  • 84 topics
  • Local time: 01:28 PM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

The women worth meeting in Colon are all working in shops, eating places and hotels etc working 6 to 7 days a week, they work long hours and I doubt they will know much more than their area or have time to show you the sights. The "other working" women I have seen in Colon are more feral and are better avoided, its very easy to find yourself out of depth and in trouble if you have no experience of the Philippines. That book is how the author makes money by feeding on your fantasies. Colon in daylight is crowded, polluted and full of low lifes, pimps and pick pockets, some foreign and some local, all experienced by myself. It offers cheap accommodation and many small malls and supermarkets all in short walking distance. Night time it is scary and dangerous specially after midnight I've seen daytime hookers sleeping in the streets with their? bf/husband and children?.

You would be better off joining a dating site and making contacts and friends online before you go there stating that you are just looking for dates not marriage so the marriage minded don't waste their precious time and money on you.

Do more research and dont believe every book you read. You will see the differences if you go to Colon in the day time and compare it to the bigger malls one is a tourist attraction because its different the other is like home superficially. Always being on your guard can get exhausting. Most Filipinas are looking for long term relationships. If you are a young man you have a better chance of finding like minded females who are ok with dating.

I think there's dozens if not hundreds of guys who have married prostitutes who they thought were like ordinary girls they met in the mall, but who they never realized, were prostitutes.

Its an easy mistake to make given the hard hearted attitude of western prostitutes.

#12 Guy60417

Guy60417
  • Elite Member
  • 967 posts
  • 160 thanks
  • 58 topics
  • Local time: 11:28 AM
  • My Blood Type:Don't know
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Regarding Colon Street: I've never felt threatened, but certainly an awareness of one's surroundings is well-advised. If you stay on Colon and the other major streets (e.g., Osmena) you should be safe. But no, you are not likely to meet a 'nice girl' there -- hookers are plentiful, though.

As others have suggested, you are more likely to find what you are looking for in a mall, or you might try some of the dating sites.

#13 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

loadsof hookers on the dating sites and facebook, go on hooker alert, if some of these tick yes :

1. looking for male 18-80
2. Occupation : customer service, waitress or don't know
3. picture of her in a bar
4. she's wearing a sarong seated in a foot massage chair
5. picture of her with a foreigner
6. she's from BKK/Phuket/Pattaya /Angeles City

the alarm bell should ring, if three or more of these tick yes.

#14 smokey

smokey
  • Elite Member
  • 23,284 posts
  • 3895 thanks
  • 882 topics
  • Local time: 08:28 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Wow, thanks for all your inputs... but no, I am not looking for a prostitute... so i gather Colon street is not what the book advertised? Would I be better off hanging out at Ayala Mall? That would suite me better, being I will be staying at the Marriot...

ayala is more foreigners then most malls... SM is more locals ,,, e mall is even more locals... SM is the best choice... dont forget some of us are family guys with kids so keep it clean or keep it downstairs

Thanked by 1 Member:
Athena

#15 jtmwatchbiz

jtmwatchbiz

you rang?

• Elite Member
  • 5,924 posts
  • 1525 thanks
  • 84 topics
  • Location:Guadalupe Cebu City...we buy watches in any condition

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I think there's dozens if not hundreds of guys who have married prostitutes who they thought were like ordinary girls they met in the mall, but who they never realized, were prostitutes.

well...all's well that ends well.

being a prostitute or former prostitute isn't always a bad thing, unless of course the husband needs to ante up every time he wants a little :)

seriously tho, i get what you are saying and i agree, but also will say again it's not necessarily a bad thing, unless the gal continues to earn that way against the husband's wishes or behind his back.

prostitution, despite what alot of guys think, isn't always the sole reason a gal turns "bad" or can be unsuitable as a significant other. usually it's a combination of factors, with parental and substance abuse leading the list, followed by the general de-socializing effects of a lifestyle in the fast lane... self-soothing but self-destructive.

what compounds the problem in places like the philippines is due to the fact that there is so much prostitution, it generates a significant subculture (barkada) that offers peer support and a sense of belonging to girls that are by nature very social people. this makes it very hard for some dependent types to break away and embrace new opportunities and healthier lifestyles...it just feels too foreign to them. education and general intelligence level usually is one of the make it or break it factors when it comes to a girl "leaving the life".
  • easy44 and For Real like this

91e42-1323776970.jpg

"Y'all might just catch that queer disease and start flittin around like liberace."

#16 motorpsycho

motorpsycho

motorpsycho

• 115 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • 2 topics
  • Local time: 07:28 PM
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

loadsof hookers on the dating sites and facebook, go on hooker alert, if some of these tick yes :

1. looking for male 18-80

3. picture of her in a bar

5. picture of her with a foreigner
6. she's from BKK/Phuket/Pattaya /Angeles City

the alarm bell should ring, if three or more of these tick yes.

1. looking for male 18-80 can be an oversight of being lazy and not rounding it off to specific gap but usually a red flag.
3. picture of her in bar or most likely in a hotel room and sometimes see reflection of foreigner taking shot.
5. picture of her with foreigner but with foreigner/ local guy cut off.
6. location varies but always sugar coated. some list places that are not in map, I wonder why.

Does she have kids, is willing to relocate and how confident is she about meeting none locals is a concern to avoid trouble.

By the way, what is the book title and why is it based on colon st or is it geared towards the budget traveler who will settle for the minimal?

#17 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

3. picture of her in bar or most likely in a hotel room and sometimes see reflection of foreigner taking shot.

any picture of her INSIDE a nice-looking hotel room is usually a dead giveaway though it may not mean any foreigner. It could be a Filipino guy, often married, with a bit of cash, and she's the concubine. By a pool, at a resort, even a nice one, not so much of an indicator. She could have just visited on a day pass.

#18 Kim_

Kim_

Re Member

• Sponsor
  • 1,880 posts
  • 212 thanks
  • 105 topics
  • Local time: 05:28 AM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

A simple question about Colon street and suddenly the discussion is about prostitution?

I sometimes have a problem with my colon, you want to discuss that as well? :D
  • Art and Skywalker like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Athena

#19 enoonmai

enoonmai

• Sponsor
  • 881 posts
  • 236 thanks
  • 15 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

how should I dress so that I will not attract the wrong people, yet catch the eye of a cute filipina?

Nothing's really out of style on Colon St. It may be a little dated but I would go with the Superfly circa 1972 look. With the heels and brim you'll catch the eyes of all the cute Filipinas (and the bad cats won't mess witch u).

• jtmwatchbiz, Kim_ and whiskers like this

#20 RogerDuMond

RogerDuMond

Enigmatic Eraser

• +Global Mod
  • 4,380 posts
  • 1944 thanks
  • 78 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I sometimes have a problem with my colon, you want to discuss that as well? :D

Some here will get into that if you want, but that is a subject for another forum.
  • Kim_ likes this

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea