JamesMusslewhite

Canadian Murdered in Surigao City (continued news updates relating to Harry Doyle murder case)

Hard to believe this thread is already FIVE (5) years Old plus.   Wow  Time Flies and still the legal proceedings plod on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samatm said:

Hard to believe this thread is already FIVE (5) years Old plus.   Wow  Time Flies and still the legal proceedings plod on. 

It's moving about as fast as the Bergdahl trial and sentencing.

Have they given up on extraditing the mrs?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Have they given up on extraditing the mrs?

No the extradition documents the last I heard was with the DOJ. There is collaboration between the Philippine DOJ and the Canadian authorities to insuring that all requirements pertaining to the submitted documents are met. I believe the documents have been waiting for these hearings to be concluded and the judge's decision formally recorded. If there are no unforeseeable delays or extensions to those seven hearing dates in April, then the case should be concluded by the end of April. Then the formal judge's ruling will be sometime in late May or early June. Then all the testimony of the hearings and Judge's Decision will be transcribed and those documents will be added to the existing Extradition Request file presently in the offices of the DOJ. I believe then INTERPOL will be tasked with the delivering of that Extradition Request to the proper office of the RCMP. 

I believe this is the right procedures and chain of custody for the Extradition Request, but this is all being handled in the offices of the DOJ in Camp Crome, Manila and authorities in Canada; and I am not really familiar with their procedures. I can only comment on what I believe will be done based on what I have been told in the past, this is not to say that I am sure this will be the process. There still an INTERPOL Red Letter issued for the arrest of Jane Doyle, but to date the government of Canada has refused to act on that arrest warrant.       

• Thanks 2

She'll probably die of old age before it goes through.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 10:24 AM, SkyMan said:

She'll probably die of old age before it goes through.

It would be hard to argue with that. Odds are I will be double-taped by some low-level hireling NPA thug while standing in the middle of our rice patty long before this case finally runs its full course. I will just leave it to the Lord as his justice will prevail in the end.

• Like 1