JamesMusslewhite

Canadian Murdered in Surigao City (continued news updates relating to Harry Doyle murder case)

WONINTWO    86

a truly tragic course of events ,condolences to this MAN'S family.

R.I.P..

I did not know this MAN but he did not deserve this horrendous act.I hope who-ever did it gets to spend a really long time in a cage,shackled to a toilet.

udonthani    2,398

it won't happen. The clear up rate for murders of foreigners in the Philippines is so totally miniscule, as to be almost non-existent. The old guys have nobody that cares enough about them, to fight their corner and get justice. Their wives certainly won't.

the only case I remember where a murderer of a foreigner did end up getting life in prison, it was only because the guy was in his twenties and his parents were still alive to come out to the Philippines and start sniffing about. When a guy is in his sixties, that isn't going to happen.

• Like 2

WONINTWO    86
. When a guy is in his

so no police investigation? no interviewing the 30 witnesses? whoever did it can not be all that far away(or maybe they can),I do not have all that much faith in the PD here,but they should at least conduct an investigation...a real one.

jme    359

it won't happen. The clear up rate for murders of foreigners in the Philippines is so totally miniscule, as to be almost non-existent. The old guys have nobody that cares enough about them, to fight their corner and get justice. Their wives certainly won't.

the only case I remember where a murderer of a foreigner did end up getting life in prison, it was only because the guy was in his twenties and his parents were still alive to come out to the Philippines and start sniffing about. When a guy is in his sixties, that isn't going to happen.

unfortunately from what I have read this is so true, you are on your own here and you have no chance as you are not allowed to carry a weapon so your a sitting duck.The police or authorities won't do anything besides writing up a report at most. best thing is to just stay clear of any trouble which might mean living way out in the country or a beach, away from getting into these sorts of situations as much as you can.

PapaRay    108
this country is a killing field

What about the states there is indiscriminate killings here everyday I believe many more than you have in the Philippines.

I am deeply sorry for what happened to this man, and I hope they catch the sorry SOB's that did this and they pay the ultimate price. It is not fair to blame the Philippines for it.

:cry:

• Like 1

udonthani    2,398

unfortunately from what I have read this is so true, you are on your own here and you have no chance as you are not allowed to carry a weapon so your a sitting duck.The police or authorities won't do anything besides writing up a report at most. best thing is to just stay clear of any trouble which might mean living way out in the country or a beach, away from getting into these sorts of situations as much as you can.

look at the Neil Heywood case in China, different country I know but the principle is the same. This was a guy from a really privileged UK background, with a first-class education, fluent Chinese speaker, long established businessman, and rich. But when they killed him, they squared it right the next day, with the Chinese wife with whom he had two children, so she wouldn't insist on an autopsy and have the body cremated so there'd be no evidence of his having been poisoned.

and they'd have got away with murder too, only what did them was one of the conspirators, fearing for his own life, went to the US Embassy and spilled the beans.

JamesMusslewhite    12,991

So is anyone going to say was he a member ? i have only seen one guy in here who refereed to himself as harry

Yes he was. I told him of the forum perhaps a year ago. But his outspoken gruff manner got him banned within a week or two. I had talked to Paul who actually reinstated him but he did not last long perhaps a few more posts. God gives all the right to remain silent, but not to unlike myself God just did not give him or me that ability. To know him was like sweet and sour, most either liked or really hated the man. There is is reason that those that knew him enduring referred to him a "Crazy Harry".

When I first met him he had taken 11 displaced children of his wife's family to raise in his home, but to my knowledge all but a couple had returned to their previous families over the last year or so. I myself have had little to no contact with the man since February of this year. I personally hope they find those guilty of his cold-blooded murder that was done in front of his son Joseph, who is a special-needs child and did not need the trauma of seeing this tragedy.

• Like 2

JamesMusslewhite    12,991

I added this forum to your account, regarding moderating. You should now have full access to edit posts, as well as all other moderating functions.

Thank you Paul, I have just updated the OP with all the current information that I have been able to collect to date, and I will continue to update this thread as new variable factual information becomes available.

• Like 1

digiteye    236
was shot around 4pm this evening at the Palma Resort in Punta Bilar,
While they were having the family picnic two men approached Harry asking for either food or money. Harry got into a scuffle pushing one of the men, when the other man pulled a weapon and open fire shooting Harry 5 times.

James what I am saying is not about your credibility ok? But I think the source (guess its media) giving people the usual BS.

First off 4pm is not evening, its afternoon and bright daylight. Second: HTF can two armed men enter a resort? No guards? And if they were just "random" beggars or the kind, how come they carried gun(s)?

It seems the whole thing was well planned and prepared, they provoked the guy who acted as expected. Who gave the hint about how would he react? (rhetoric question)

Why this happened in front of the extended family of 30? (rhetoric question)

Will the family go (and pay) for investigation / prosecution? (we will see)

The whole thing stinks like rotten rat.

• Like 3