• Announcements

JamesMusslewhite

Canadian Murdered in Surigao City (continued news updates relating to Harry Doyle murder case)

577 posts in this topic

I know nothing about this man. However I do notice that in the comment attributed to him he says : the government butchered ,raped, and used a backhoe to bury the bodies on nov 23,2009 57 humans;

This is the first time that I have ever seen anyone, foreigner or filipino, claim that it was the government that committed the killings. Everyone else has claimed that it was the Ampatuan clan. If this was his attitude I am surprised that something bad didnt happen to him before this.

I notice that he also said : this country is a killing field - something which I consider to be a huge misrepresentation of the facts- in fact an outright lie. I live in Davao City, and I certainly do not consider it to be a killing field. Nor did I consider Cebu-where I was last month- to be a killing field.

He very well might have been a good person, with the best of intentions, but it appears that he let his emotions get out of hand and lead him to saying things that were in my opinion counter-productive to affecting change in this country.

RIP

no comment

A Canadian citizen was killed in Surigao City this evening. The victim named Harry Doyle, age 62 who resided at km.6, Barangay Bonifacio was shot around 4pm this evening at the Palma Resort in Punta Bilar, Surigao City. The perpetrators were two unidentified male persons. Harry Doyle was a regular visitor to Cebu and even held a residence there, so I am sure there are members of the forum who knew the man. Harry was also a former member of the forum in the past. He is survived by his wife Jane Doyle and their son..

I will add more information once I can collect all the fact tomorrow

RIP, and heartfelt prayers to his grieving family.

Nobody deserves to be murdered like that

Edited by littlePP
jme likes this

Update:

While they were having the family picnic two men approached Harry asking for either food or money. Harry got into a scuffle pushing one of the men, when the other man pulled a weapon and open fire shooting Harry 5 times.

(Sorry for having to update information like this, but this forum does not allow me edit or update my original opening post. I will just have to add new posts as I get more additional information. Sorry if it causes any inconvenience or confusion in the information.)

Update:

While they were having the family picnic two men approached Harry asking for either food or money. Harry got into a scuffle pushing one of the men, when the other man pulled a weapon and open fire shooting Harry 5 times.

(Sorry for having to update information like this, but this forum does not allow me edit or update my original opening post. I will just have to add new posts as I get more additional information. Sorry if it causes any inconvenience or confusion in the information.)

So sorry you lost your friend. Something like this just goes to show you how truly cheap life is in the RP. Standing up to a couple of beggars gets you shot 5 times, hard to believe.

Doug

A Canadian citizen was killed in Surigao City this evening. The victim named Harry Doyle, age 62 who resided at km.6, Barangay Bonifacio was shot around 4pm this evening at the Palma Resort in Punta Bilar, Surigao City. The perpetrators were two unidentified male persons. Harry Doyle was a regular visitor to Cebu and even held a residence there, so I am sure there are members of the forum who knew the man. Harry was also a former member of the forum in the past. He is survived by his wife Jane Doyle and their son..

I will add more information once I can collect all the fact tomorrow

harry ???? did or was he a member and if so whats his screen name

I had the chance to know Harry for over a year now. Harry was a very smart guy with a strong personality and was one of those guys that when you met him you either really liked or couldn't stand him. Harry and I had a lot of contact the last several weeks and I feel better that are last word to each other were good ones.

Deepest wishes for Jane and the kids in what they must of scene and are going through.

bargeman, fanboat, WONINTWO and 4 others like this

I added this forum to your account, regarding moderating. You should now have full access to edit posts, as well as all other moderating functions.

So is anyone going to say was he a member ? i have only seen one guy in here who refereed to himself as harry

So sorry you lost your friend. Something like this just goes to show you how truly cheap life is in the RP. Standing up to a couple of beggars gets you shot 5 times, hard to believe.

Doug

beggars don't carry guns.

lazydays likes this