• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

JamesMusslewhite

Canadian Murdered in Surigao City (continued news updates relating to Harry Doyle murder case)

577 posts in this topic

A Canadian citizen was killed in Surigao City this evening. The victim named Harry Doyle, age 62 who resided at km.6, Barangay Bonifacio; a resident of 849 Uninon St. Fredericton, NB, Canada was shot around 4pm this evening at the Palma Resort in Punta Bilar, Surigao City. He was at a beach resort attending a family picnic with his wife and son when he was shot with a yet undetermined short firearm. He received 5 shots to the body, While they were having the family picnic two men approached Harry one 5' 3'', medium build waring a black jacket and a black bonnet asking for either food or money. Harry pushed the man away and then got into a scuffle pushing him away; when he pulled out a weapon and open fire shooting Harry 5 times. the other man 5" 6"", medium build with his face covered by a black handkerchief and also waring a black jacket also fled the scene of the crime after the shooting. Harry received five wounds (1) shot to the right thigh, (1) on his upper right chest, (1) to the upper belly, and (2) on his left thigh. When the police arrived he was bathed in his on blood and had already expired. The shooting was witnessed by his wife, son and by over 30 witnesses who were at the beach. I do not believe his bodyguard was present during the time of the shooting The investigators found no slug or shell casings at the scene. Currently the police have no suspects. Harry Doyle was transferred to NILO Funeral Homes , Km. 3, Brgy. Luna, Surigao City awaiting a PNP Crime Laboratory autopsy. The PNP are presently conducting a continuous investigation for possible motive identification of the perpetrators.

I talked to investigators today myself, many who knew and liked Harry Doyle, and I trust that the local PNP will conduct a rigorous investigation and I have faith in their abilities to do so. The Canadian Embassy is also informed and has requested the current known information of this case, which was collected and forwarded to them by our President of the Surigao City Expat Association. If any members have any useful information pertaining to a possible motive or any other useful information than please PM or email me and I will turn this information over to the proper local PNP investigators.
Or please contact Investigator on Case SPO1 Rosemarie E. Almazan or PO2 Mark Anthony Miole - 09187261390 / 09999984933

Harry Doyle was a regular visitor to Cebu and even held a residence there, so I am sure there are members of the forum who knew the man. Harry was also a former member of the forum in the past. He is survived by his wife Jane Doyle and their son..

I will update information as it becomes available after the autopsy and further investigation are completed.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
added tags

This is sad news.

Harry was a unique,intelligent and outspoken man.

I knew him from back in the old days

Sorry to hear how this ended.

Condolences to Jane and the children.

Edited by BossHog
1 person likes this

I have never even visited but I recognize his name (and details from the write up).

Did he really adopt 11 RP kids?

I know nothing about this man. However I do notice that in the comment attributed to him he says : the government butchered ,raped, and used a backhoe to bury the bodies on nov 23,2009 57 humans;

This is the first time that I have ever seen anyone, foreigner or filipino, claim that it was the government that committed the killings. Everyone else has claimed that it was the Ampatuan clan. If this was his attitude I am surprised that something bad didnt happen to him before this.

I notice that he also said : this country is a killing field - something which I consider to be a huge misrepresentation of the facts- in fact an outright lie. I live in Davao City, and I certainly do not consider it to be a killing field. Nor did I consider Cebu-where I was last month- to be a killing field.

He very well might have been a good person, with the best of intentions, but it appears that he let his emotions get out of hand and lead him to saying things that were in my opinion counter-productive to affecting change in this country.

RIP

3 people like this

I consider to be a huge misrepresentation of the facts

really?

2 people like this

I know nothing about this man. However I do notice that in the comment attributed to him he says : the government butchered ,raped, and used a backhoe to bury the bodies on nov 23,2009 57 humans;

This is the first time that I have ever seen anyone, foreigner or filipino, claim that it was the government that committed the killings. Everyone else has claimed that it was the Ampatuan clan. If this was his attitude I am surprised that something bad didnt happen to him before this.

I notice that he also said : this country is a killing field - something which I consider to be a huge misrepresentation of the facts- in fact an outright lie. I live in Davao City, and I certainly do not consider it to be a killing field. Nor did I consider Cebu-where I was last month- to be a killing field.

He very well might have been a good person, with the best of intentions, but it appears that he let his emotions get out of hand and lead him to saying things that were in my opinion counter-productive to affecting change in this country.

RIP

Please show some restraint in order to respect his loved ones.

6 people like this

Our condolences to the family. It seem he wish to help with the improvements of helping the people sad it ended this way.

1 person likes this

I have an update to this story:

He was at a beach resort attending a family picnic when he was shot. He received 5 shots to the body, and the shooting was witnessed by over 30 witnesses. Currently the police have no suspects. I will post as I receive more information.:

RIP

Are you taking a piss on a dead person?