Sign in to follow this  
rfm010

doppler radar loops available

RogerDat    2,507

Greetings! Try this, look for western loop. Again, I do not think you will get anything with doppler here as we do not seam to have a local weather report from any news service I am aware of. Most here just look at the sky to see what the weather is. They do not seam to have the concept of early warning of approaching bad weather. Even the biggest storm only last a short time unlike the US where storm systems are very big and distructive. Manila has weather service reports because they flood so quickly wheras Cebu seldom has dangerus weather.

www.goes.noaa.gov

Rocketman    435

Greetings! Try this, look for western loop. Again, I do not think you will get anything with doppler here as we do not seam to have a local weather report from any news service I am aware of. Most here just look at the sky to see what the weather is. They do not seam to have the concept of early warning of approaching bad weather. Even the biggest storm only last a short time unlike the US where storm systems are very big and distructive. Manila has weather service reports because they flood so quickly wheras Cebu seldom has dangerus weather.

www.goes.noaa.gov

That seemed to be a bad link.  Here's what I've been using: http://noah.dost.gov.ph/  I got it from LiC last year.  It's accurate sometimes, gives radar imagery and you can zoom in and out.

RogerDat    2,507

Greetings! It loads right up even from your quat on y puter. i use Smartbro, what service are you using?

miles-high    3,789

I'm on PLDT. I get: This page can't be displayed Make sure the web address http://www.goes.noaa.gov is correct.

Same here, "This page cannot be displayed"... I can go to NOAA.gov OK but cannot get Guam wx site... May be Guam radar is down...

jigsy    370

Try magicseaweed. I quite like the site - not sure how accurate it is for weather purists though.

colemanlee    17,427

I got the NOAA site to work pretty good, now if they would put a radar on the east coast of Samar they would have some pretty fair coverage.  Borongan maybe?