• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfm010

doppler radar loops available

19 posts in this topic

my wife just told me about this site. part of an interesting website that is part of an interesting project. both site and project are a work in progress so there are bugs in the system.

http://noah.dost.gov.ph/

doppler radar can be a good way of visualizing the weather that is headed your way. on this site you can call up doppler loops by using the tab found near the top on the right hand side.

the doppler images at the moment are from sites in subic, tagaytay, cebu, and hinatuan, so national coverage is fairly good but not complete. there is, at the moment at least, an unfortunate time lag. the subic site, for example, is about 40 minutes behind real time. the cebu site is about 2 hours behind real time. the loops cover different time periods at different sites. at the moment, thursday afternoon 4pm august 9, it looks like things are clearing up for metro manila, and looking out the window i do see some sunshine. as a test for cebu the loop indicated light rain from cebu city up to danao city from 1:30- 2pm.

the site has more stuff that may be interesting. i haven't explored it yet.

6 people like this

It is showing two days behind for Cebu now :(

Subic is just over 20 minutes behind

Despite being 30 mins behind was invaluable to me today. Salamat rhm010 ug imong asawa

Has anyone found a decent weather radar site for the Philippines?  I've used the one posted on this thread, but it has a lot to be desired.  Seems to be very inaccurate most of the time.  Today it's off by a day.  Tried many others including Wunderground but it doesn't loop.  I'm guessing there just aren't any good weather stations in the Philippines, thus, no good info.  But if anyone has found something better, please share.  Thanks!

Greetings! have you tried Typhoon2000.com ?

Greetings! have you tried Typhoon2000.com ?

Thx, but that site seems to be just Typhoon info. and some weather for the Manila area updated every 6 hours.  I was hoping for a clear and accurate radar screen for the Cebu area.  Guess it's just not possible here.  Oh well, as they say here.... it's OK.

Greetings! But what about the live feed from satalite in right hand side? Click it and it gets bigger.

ALSO look for sat loop ,  # 5 under warnings. It shows wind direction in infrared for all asia in BW.

Greetings! I thought doppler radar was in the past as I remember it from when I was in S.C. back in the 1970's.

The place I posted gives real time satilite views, in infrared, and other track projections for all of SEA.

That is what I use to determikne what is headed to Mactan.

That site showed the typhone that sunk the ferry with all the deaths several years ago as being on top of the ferry at the same time the PI authorities said it was 500 KM away from the ferry site. since then, I do not trust any weather report they publish as they can not read a web page and get the facts stright.

This page is connected to the US Navy weather watch system on Guam, and so has good info.

I pulled up both sites and only see  either Taiwan or Northern Philippines.    RogerDat, I did open the  radar link, but it only showed me Manila and not really a clear depiction of rain.  Maybe I'm just stupid and not finding the correct link?  Thanks for your help!

Edited by Rocketman